Chapter 9

I woke up to someone lightly shaking me. Aiden stood above me with a pained look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I propped myself up onto my elbows.

"I'm really sorry to wake you at this hour," I glanced at the clock, 3:28 am. "But I've been holding back the need to feed for awhile now."

"Feed, as in drinking blood?" I raised my eyebrows in a questioning gesture.

"Yes, I haven't fed since before I brought you here, as you know when a master gets a pet, they are only allowed to feed from them, it's against the rules to feed from anyone else. I wanted you to get comfortable with me before I asked this of you."

"Wait, vampires have to drink blood every few days, how did you go this long without blood?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"I have self control, but the hunger is getting unbearable." He looked at me with pleading eyes.

Oh shit, he wants to drink from me. That's really fucking weird and awkward. I don't want his mouth anywhere near my neck. I guess I have to do this though.

"Okay, let's get this over with." I sat up against the headboard.

Aiden let out a breath of relief. He climbed onto the bed and sat facing me. He cupped the back of my neck so I wouldn't jerk away and hurt myself. Aiden slowly leaned in towards my neck.

Damn, this just got a whole lot more awkward.

I tensed up, "Please be careful."

"I'm sorry," he whispered right before he bit down.

I let out a gasp as his fangs slid slowly into my neck. I felt them retract after a few seconds as Aiden began to suck on the wound. I could feel the blood being pulled out of me, it felt really fucking gross. I wanted to cringe just thinking about it.

After a few minutes, I began to get dizzy and light headed, "Okay, that's enough, I'll die from blood loss if you keep slurping up my insides."

I pushed on his shoulders lightly. He detached his mouth from my neck. When he looked up at me, I swear I almost pissed myself. His eyes were a deep crimson red.

He blinked a couple of times and the color faded back to it's original shade.

"I should probably get this cleaned up," I gestured towards my still bleeding neck.

"Oh, right, you don't heal like I do."

No shit Sherlock, this hurts like hell. Of course I don't fucking heal like you do, you idiot.

Aiden leaned back down and licked the wound a couple of times, breaking me out of my thoughts.

The action made him shudder, almost in disgust, ever so slightly but I still caught it. "There, now its healed."

I felt around my neck, sure enough, it was all healed.

"That was not as bad as I thought it would be." I leaned my head on his shoulder. I really like that when I make physical contact with him, he seems to try and cringe away. I love making people uncomfortable.

"For some people, it's a lot worse."

I looked at him questioningly but didn't ask about it.