[Chapter Thirty-One] Where He Finds Some Fight

Chapter Thirty-One – Where He Finds Some Fight
Julian's Pov

I wasn't going to hide from this. I made a mistake and it was time to own up to them, to stop lying to everyone around me, it was time to go back to the basics of rehab and therapy, honesty.

I had recorded a song and it had been released two days ago which seemed to add fuel to the fire with all the bullshit going around about Kimberly and I but I was finally being true to myself and to those around me.

My agent set up an interview, I hadn't commented on everything that had been going on and so we decided the best way was for me to have an interview and go from there and as I sat down with her I felt the judgement instantly.

Once again I was disgusted by this, this was my life and the fact that I cheated on my girlfriend was really no one's damn business but since they were making it theirs, I tried to do some kind of damage control.

"What do you have to say about the allegations of the affair you had with Kimberly?" she had asked me

"I made a mistake and I'm paying for it." I admitted and she looked surprised

"Are you admitting to cheating on your girlfriend?" she asked me

"Yes, I got drunk and I almost slept with her, I'm not hiding from that, Bailey left me and I don't blame her." she looked curiously at me

She asked me more questions about my drug use and my alcoholism, about me cheating on her some more and I answered every question with brutal and painful honesty, I knew some of those questions made me look bad but I was hoping that they would finally leave me alone if I gave them some honest answers.

The longer I didn't respond the longer they could run with whatever they wanted and I wanted to try to move this along, it won't be long before someone else is cheating on their wife.

I was tired of sitting back and feeling sorry for myself, I've been doing that for a week and a half and it was getting me nowhere so I answered their questions and hoped it would put some kind of closure to this part of my life.

I did what I should have done in the first place; I turned to my family and into music. I rejected music because I thought it had ruined my life when in reality my life was in the process of being ruined long before that.

I was in a good place in my life right now.

In the last two weeks Carter and I spent more time together and our family noticed, we didn't fight at dinner anymore, we didn't make people uncomfortable and most importantly Carter hasn't had a drink. I know it's only two weeks but it was something.

I had gone a month sober now and he was only two weeks behind me, we were restarting together and I really hoped that it helped him. I really hoped that that trip, me telling him how it was in there, helped him understand that he's not only not alone but he's not as bad as he thinks he is. He can stop.

He has family, he has his wife, he has his son.

After dinner everyone left and we sat down with mom.

"I'm glad to see my boys getting along." She smiled at us.

"I have something to tell you." Carter told her and she turned to him and we both knew this would hurt her and I'm hoping it wouldn't be too much.

"Are you okay baby?" she grabbed his hand and he looked down in shame and I patted his back, he didn't need to be ashamed, not here.

"I." he looked helplessly at me but I couldn't do this for him.

"It's okay, she's your mom." I told him, our mom. And she loves me and she'll still love him.

"I'm an alcoholic." He told her and there was pain in her features and he couldn't look at her.