[Chapter Seventy-Two] Where The Show Goes On

Won't make you wait forever; results are in this chapter. 

How does it feel knowing we're almost done? three more chapters and a two part epilogue left now. :/

Chapter Seventy-Two – Where The Show Goes On
Julian's Pov.

Bailey left and she was gone for three days. She didn't go with me to meet with this woman causing all this drama in our life and when I saw her; I didn't' remember her. Carissa Farris was a twenty-six year old nurse, single, never been married with a three and a half year old son named Calvin. She was beautiful, I admit but that didn't make me remember. She didn't want to talk much. They took a sample from me and from this small human that didn't look happy to be here.

The entire time I stared at her and she refused to meet my eyes. The doctor did the only talking and he told me that it would be twenty-four hours before we knew. We had gotten back from Hawaii two days ago and after Bailey left I called; if she wanted to pin a child on me she better be willing to go through with it.

She wasn't one of the women who went to the press to tell their story about us; I checked. When I went home I didn't sleep and Mia didn't try to make conversation. We ordered in and ate separate.

This pissed me off; I was truly angry. If this was my child there were a dozen other ways to go about it, there were a hundred other times to come forward but she waited until I was about to get married. My experience is that they make it public to get more money. She wasn't getting a fucking dime from me though and maybe she knew that.

Usually threats went first and then came the press.

Bailey came back the next morning and she just stared at me. My life was in limbo and I felt like I was suffocating. No matter how high I got I always used condoms and the women I was with weren't exactly jumping to get pregnant.

I've felt a lot of implants in the arms and seen patches on skin. The injection seemed most popular and you would be surprised how many assure you that it's there, like you'll change your mind if it's not. There was never a time I could remember waking up the next day thinking that I didn't use protection.

Sure it's not one hundred percent but what are the chances?

"No matter what happens we're still getting married in fifteen days." Her voice was soft but I perked up with her words

"You're not going to leave?" She left the other day and I honestly wasn't sure if she was coming back.

"Through good times and bad; I couldn't be honest to our vows and marriage if I wasn't willing to work things out. I've been planning on saying those words, dreaming about it. We live as if we're already married because I'm not getting a divorce so why should I break off the engagement because things aren't going to plan." Honestly; nothing seemed to go according to plan with me or with us. Life was a fucking mess.

"It's probably nothing." God I hoped not for more than one reason. Bailey was going to be my wife and I wanted her to be the only mother of my children. Also, I wasn't ready to be a parent. And on top of that; this was going to open up the platform for a bunch more women to come and try to pin their kids on me for attention.

It was sick to use your child for something like that though.

Bailey did what she did when she was stressed out; sat there baking for two hours until the call came in.

"What did he say?" She peeked to the living room.

"That they don't share these kind of results on the phone." Bailey was visibly annoyed. She packed up cookies to take to Drew after this meeting and told Mia we were leaving. The drive to the doctors clinic was the worst and most uncomfortable drive of my life. Bailey was shaking a little bit; something that she only did when she was near a panic attack.