Chapter 2

I got my card to open the door from the woman in reception and I was deciding to either take the stairs or the elevator. Hmm, elevator, i'm pregnant I have the excuse. I slid my card in the swiper in my door and it wouldn't work, oh for fuck sake this would only happen to me. I dumped my heavy bags on the floor and tried again, nothing. I tried another 4 times until someone tapped my shoulder which nearly gave me heart attack. "Shit!" I shouted loud enough to make the person shit itself "Oh God, sorry!" I said covering my mouth, I turned around and standing there was Zak "Pass it here" he said, I gave the card to him and stepped back and it worked straight away "Are you fucking kidding me?" "You had it the wrong way round" "Oh.." He passed me the card and I went to pick up my bags until he did "Here, let me" he said picking up my bags "Jesus Christ, living for two are ya?" He said laughing as he passed me into the room, close enough I thought following him in.

I looked around the hotel room, it was a fair size. I walked to the little kitchen and had a look through the empty cupboards "Do you want anything to drink?" I asked sarcasticly "What you got?" he said while flicking through the leaflet on the table "..Water" I said laughing and closing the mini fridge, he looked at me "Water?" he laughed "Why don't we go down to the restaurant and have a proper drink and have something to eat while were there" "But I-" "Come on i'm starving" he said while walking out the door. He's going to suspect i'm pregnant..Shit.

I followed him downstairs into the restaurant, there was actually hardly anyone there. We sat in the corner of the room and he picked up the menu "Wine?" he asked "Oh, um no thank you" He looked at me suspiciously, I looked away "Oh! They have sushi, I love sushi do you want that?" He said laying the menu down, my eyes widend I cant eat sushi, oh God what do I say? "What's the matter?" he asked with concern in his eyes "Oh, nothing, it's just i'm not that hungry but um, i'll have the salad" I said pointing randomly on the menu, he looked at me "That's squid" he said smiling "What?" I say confused, I looked down at the menu to where my finger is still laying. Oh, i'm pointing at the squid. Awkward. I look up to him slowly "Uh.." He laughed, "I'll get you the salad.." he said winking at me as he called the waitress over.

After the meal I realised how genuine this guy really was, how much we have in common and good looking with that, he even walked me back to my hotel room.

I slid the card in the right way this time "Do you want to come in for 5?" I asked while opening the door "Sure" we walked in. I put the tv on, I grabbed a blanket from the bed and walked over to the sofa and we both sat down and I layed it over us. "Where's your other team mates, what's their names? Nick and Aaron?" He stretched his arms and laid one over my shoulder, bringing me closer to him. Cliche. "Yeah, we were coming back from a lockdown and got seperated on the plane, that's why I was sitting next to you, their in their own homes, their fine, if they needed me they would've rung" he said while moving his long legs to get comfortable. "Will I ever get to meet them?" "Um, well i'm doing another lockdown tomorrow night, you can come join us if you like, the producers always talk about a hot girl being a guest on the show" I thought about it, hot? he definitely got that bit all wrong. "Sure, sounds like fun" He smiled, I smiled, awkward again, so I turned and looked back at the tv.

I was running, faster than i've ever ran before but it seemed I was getting no where, it was getting closer I could almost taste the negative atmosphere but I think it was that blood taste that was forming in my mouth, my head was light, I couldn't turn around but the face was in my eyes, my mind.
It suddenly vanished, all was quiet, quiet enough that I could hear my heart beating in my chest and the pulse in my head, I stopped, I slowly turned around to expect to see this creature that was chasing me, but there was nothing there, just pitch blackness. I breathed out, I turned back around and it was in my face, closer, more visual, the red eyes was locked deep into mine, it screamed a scream that sent the hairs on my arms stand upon end, I could feel the heat from it's mouth hitting my face, I suddenly couldn't breathe, I was so scared that I couldn't breathe back in, like my lungs just collapsed, I felt my body being drained like someone deflated a balloon, I fell to my knees, I didn't even have the energy to blink, I just stared at this, this monster. I knew in my heart it wanted something. I opened my mouth to speak but no words were coming out, I screamed as loud as I possibly could, but nothing.
Suddenly everything went black.

I shot my eyes open, I was sweating, I was breathing fast, I was so scared but relieved that it was just a dream, I felt a hand stroke my hair, I realised my head was laying on Zaks lap, I jumped up "I'm sorry!" I sniffed and looked up at to him, he smiled with concern "Bad dream?" He asked, I nodded slowly, he wiped a tear that was resting on my cheek "I know the feeling, just go back to sleep, i'm here nothing will happen" he whispered smiling again, I nodded slowly. He gently pushed my head to put me back down on his lap, I turned my head to lay back on his thigh "What time is it?" I whisperd tiredly as he continued to stroke my hair, it felt so good, I could lay here forever "4am" I couldnt reply, I fell straight to sleep and didn't have the nightmare.