Healing Begins- Leonardo

You shot out of bed again. You had had another nightmare. They were becoming more frequent as the days went by and you were more tired every day.

Your body had healed now, but you still continued to spend most of your time in bed. You were starting to get sick from the lack of sleep. You were sure that everyone had noticed and you were not sure what to tell them. You hadn't told anyone about the nightmares yet. You didn't want to worry them more than you already had.

You slid your feet out of bed and slipped on a pair of slippers. You got up and walked out of your bedroom, pulling a robe on as you went.

Donatello was the only one around as you stepped into the kitchen. You could hear that he was waiting for a pot of coffee to brew. He let out a big yawn, which confirmed your suspicions.

"You should go to bed every night Donnie. It's not healthy to skip sleeping like you do. You're gonna get sick." You scolded the turtle as you set the kettle on the stove to heat and started making toast.

"I could say the same for you Y/N." Donnie retorted. "You don't seem to sleep much either." You started to protest but he interrupted you. "I saw you walking around listening to your music around two in the morning. And on several other occasions as well. You don't sleep nearly as much as you like us to think, and you don't eat as much as you should."

You sat down with a cup of tea and your toast at the table. You sighed as you knew he was right. You could hear two of the other turtles walking into the kitchen. It turned out to be Leo and Raph. Leo sat in a chair next to you and Raph leaned against the far counter.

"Ya can tell us wats bothering ya Y/N. We want ta help ya." Raph spoke to you, trying to reassure you that they were all there for you.

"Why don't you tell us what your nightmares are about?" Leo murmured softly as he ran his hand across your cheek before he pressed the tea in your hand, urging you to take a drink. You shakily took a drink and set the cup back down, keeping your hands on it to warm them.

"I don't know what they are about." You whispered to the three turtles in the kitchen with you. "All there is to them is a lot of yelling in the dark. My parents yelling at me about how much of a waste I was being blind. Even you guys yelling that I am such a nuisance and that I need to die or at least leave. Every time I close my eyes to try to sleep, I hear them and I can't get them to go away."

As you let it all out you started crying, unable to handle the stress anymore. You felt someone push your seat back and pull you into their arms. Leo shifted you and was now cradling you in his arms as he murmured to you to get you to calm down. You slowly stopped crying and soon you had the hiccups, but even they went away as all that was left was you and Leo in the Kitchen.

Leo lifted you up as he stood and was soon carrying you out of the kitchen. He carried you up the stairs and you tensed as you thought he was taking you to your room, but he kept going and soon carried you into his own room.

He lay down on his bed and placed you next to him, snuggled into the crook of his arm. You head settled in the crook of his neck and your eyes grew heavy as he continued to murmur soothing words of love in your ear and soon you had drifted off.

When you woke up you yawned, causing something under you to chuckle. You realized that you had rolled on top of Leo in your sleep. You blushed as you slid off him and curled into his side.

"You seem to sleep better in my arms than anywhere else. Do you feel better love?" he murmured to you, clearly pleased that you were here with him.

"I made you miss training." You murmured, clearly concerned that he had missed something important. He chuckled again.

"It is Sunday. I didn't miss anything. You are far more important anyways. I love you" you blushed at his words. You had forgotten what day it was. "Let's go get you something to eat, now that you have had some good sleep. I'm thinking that maybe you should start meditating again to help with the nightmares, but just in case, you can sleep in here with me from now on."

He got out of bed and pulled you up, escorting you out of the bedroom. You followed him as he held your hand, trusting him completely.

"I love you to Leo." You whispered happily.