Neglected- Donatello

Donnie hadn't spent much time with you lately. He was always holed up in his lab working on some experiment and had not been paying much attention to you lately. You had tried to get his attention, but he didn't seem to notice that you were asking for time with him.

You had just spent some time in the dojo meditation with Master Splinter and Leo. It was late at night; the guys had not gone out on patrol that night due to not much criminal activity.

You yawned and stretched your arms over your head. You heard Master Splinter chuckle, and Leo got to his feet. He helped you get up and softly patted your back.

"Get some sleep Y/N." Leo said as you turned and made your way out of the dojo. You could hear Mikey playing video games in the living area. As you made your way across the living area you heard Donnie opening the door to his lab.

"Your still up Y/N?" Donnie's voice asked. You turned your head towards his voice. You didn't say anything, you just turned your head back down and kept walking.

"Y/N!" you heard Donnie start to call out, his voice alarmed. You didn't get a chance to respond to him calling out. You put your foot down on something that was not the floor and it went shooting out from under you.

Your body dropped to the floor before you could even react. Pain flashed through your head as the sharp crack of your head hitting the hard floor sounded through the lair. You couldn't breathe and your head swam as the blurred sound of feet racing towards you.

You could feel someone picking you up and carrying you as your breath came back to you. Your head began to throb in pain, radiating from the base of your skull. You let out a moan as Donnie set you down on the lab table gently.

"I know Angel. I know it hurts. Just give me a minute and I will make it better. I promise." Donnie murmured as he started gathering things up. You winced as you heard Raph yelling at Mikey about leaving his skate board lying around, and Mikey yelling in fear as Raph chased him around the lair. Donnie was throwing stuff around the lab looking for whatever. You knew he would be a while, even if he didn't get distracted.

You slowly slid off the table and stood on your own two feet. You knew Donnie had become distracted by something on his computer when you heard a frantic beeping that sounded like an alarm. You slowly shuffled your way out of the lab and upstairs to the room you shared with Donnie. Well the room you shared with Donnie on the nights he actually came up to bed.

Your head was pounding as you shut the door and crawled into bed. You hurt too much to care if you had managed to pull the covers over your body. Your head was throbbing.

You don't know how long you laid there. The pain in your head making it impossible to actually fall asleep, so you just laid there, in pain, as the time went by.

The sound of someone yelling your name made you wince in pain as the throbbing in your head increased. It got louder and louder till the door to your room was slammed open.

"Y/N!" Donnie's voice exclaimed as you moaned in pain at the loud noises that started echoing around in your head. "Oh! I'm sorry Angel!" Donnie exclaimed as he softened his voice and came to sit on the bed next to you. You felt his hands gently probing your head, where it had hit the ground.

You winced as he got closer to the spot, but cried out when he found it. Donnie froze for a second before he continued at a gentler pace, to inspect the spot that seemed to hurt you the most. After deciding that you had not gotten a concussion, Donnie cradled your neck and helped you take some pain medicine.

After lowering you back to the pillows, he tucked the comforter around you and then lay down next to you, holding you in his arms.

"Why didn't you stay down in the lab Angel? You didn't want me to help you?" Donnie's confused voice asked in a gentle whisper, trying hard not to cause you any more pain.

"Donnie" you whisper, "How long ago did your computer alarm go off?" you asked him. After a moment of silence, he answered.

"About eighty minutes ago" he replied.

"And when did you stop looking at your computer screen?" You continued.

"Five minutes ago I would estimate."

"I left the lab the second you sat in your lab chair and you never noticed I wasn't there until five minutes ago." You whispered, knowing that he was smart enough to connect the dots.

"Why didn't you say something to me Angel? I didn't even realize that I was doing that. I got so absorbed in my work I forgot completely." Donnie's voice sounded sad as he realized what you were telling him.

You felt a lot more relaxed now as the pain meds Donnie gave you kicked in. Your head didn't hurt anymore and you turned into his embrace more. Snuggling into his plastron more, you let your body relax as you were ready to fall asleep.

"I know what you do with your time is important. I didn't want you to think I wanted you to stop doing your work just to spend time with me." You murmured in a soft voice, hardly able to get the words out as you fell into a deep sleep. Before you fell asleep, though, you heard Donatello's response to your words as he kissed the top of your head.

"You are far more important than anything else."