Chapter 03

Chapter 03

I followed what the old lady told me the last time we talked about passing the interview and being chosen as a secretary of Bartolome Corporation.

Until now I can't still process that. I can't still believed that I got the job.

I wear a formal corporate attire. It's all black aside from my top which is white. I wanted to be comfortable in walking that's why I wore a five inches heel instead of seven inches.

One hour before the said scheduled time, nakarating ako ng office. I wait for thirty minutes outside of the building where the old lady asked me to went.

It's a different room, much spacious than the first room, mixed of modern and minimalist design—way better that the room where my final interview were conducted.

I was seating there while waiting for the old lady to replied to my message. I text her that I was here already. Hindi ko alam kung narereceived niya ba 'yon o hindi dahil wala siyang paramdam.

May ibang employee din don nakaupo at nag-uusap sa isa't-isa.

I was not used to meet new people, for me it's awkward to share new things, get to know each other and then right after, they will used that against you.

That's the reason why I don't share personal things to someone I just met.

I don't want to talked to someone just because I was alone and thinking that they can fulfill the emptiness in me, for sake of being accompanied by someone.

Ewan ko. I always wanted silence. I always love being alone. O dahil nasanay na lang din... or maybe because I was running out of choice.

My attention were caught when I heard a noise coming from an open room, nakabukas ang pinto ng bahadya.

Agad napaiwas ang tingin ko nang mapansing palabas doon ang magkasalubong na kilay at nakakunot na mukha ni Aldrin. Kasabay niyang lumabas ang babaeng employee na katulad ko ay naka-formal attire din.

Umiiyak ang babae at mistulang hinahawakan ang braso ni Aldrin na mabilis niya namang hinawi.

"Gathered all your things and get out of my company because this will be your last day. You are fired!"

My jaw awed when the woman pled on the floor, she kneeled down while trying to hold the the side hem of Aldrin's clothes.

"Sir, parang awa niyo na. I need this job for my family. Ako po ang bread winner sa pamilya and I can't stand to lose a job right now."

He removed her hands on him. Matalim niyang binalingan ng tingin 'yon.

"If you're doing your job right this will not happened to you. I'm not fan of second chances so get off me," he said. Anger is evident in his face, his breathing were ragged and fast.
"I don't need a stagnant employee."

"Sir... parang awa niyo na po... Kailangan ko ng trabaho."

Umiling siya. "No. This will be your last day, better gathered your things out of my place."

Sinenyasan niya ang security na papalapit ngayon sa babae at tinutulungang tumayo mula sa sahig, palabas ng kompanyang 'to.

He brushed the strand of his hair out of frustration. "We will just delivered your things including you last pay. Thanks for your service," he said while he walked out pass that employee.

I bit my lower lip. Napailing ako sa nakita.

That guy. I know that I was not in the position to judge someone especially I didn't know the whole story behind it, but this thing I witnessed will tell me one thing...