Second

A/N: I'm sorry it took me awhile to post this chapter! I had an idea of how I wanted to write this story, but it proved to be harder to write than I previously thought it would be. So, i'm going in another direction. :) I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! And I apologize before hand for there not being alot of Deanlena action going on in this chapter. They shall begin their bickering again in the next chapter ;) hehe. Don't forget to Comment and Like if you enjoy this chapter!

3 Weeks Later

The incident with Dean had been almost completely forgotten. Elena was quick to forgive Caroline for setting her up on that blind date, and was ultimately forbidden in meddling with Elena's love life. Instead Elena focused on her school. She was a med student, and that meant her attention was devoured completely by her classes. Tonight being a Friday evening meant nothing to her anymore. She sat on her bed, with books scattered all around her. She was so engulfed in her studies; she barely heard the pounding that was coming from her apartment door.

"ELENA! OPEN UP!" She heard Caroline's muffled voice as she approached the door. She smiled and shook her head at her friend's impatience once she began to unlock all of the bolts. The door almost hit Elena in her face when she reached the final one; as Caroline's impatience drove her to opening the door herself. "God, you take so long!" She says as she invites herself in.

"Hi to you too, Care," Elena responds with a quick roll of the eyes. She quickly begins to lock up all the bolts before turning her attention back to Caroline. "So what's..." She stops mid-sentence now looking at her friend. The young blonde had a huge smile spread across her face, with her hand stretched out towards Elena. She looked at the hand, and quickly spotted the item being shown to her. "Oh my god, Care..." Her smile was now mirroring Caroline's. "Congratulations!" She pulls her friend who was on the verge of tears into a huge hug.

"Thank you!" Caroline squeezes Elena, and pulls away. "Can you believe it? I'm engaged!" She squeals in excitement. The two take a moment to cheer excitedly.

After the initial shock of the news; Elena quickly fixed up a batch of hot cocoa to celebrate the news. The two friends were now sitting in Elena's living room with their mugs in their hands.

"It's the middle of spring and we're drinking hot chocolate. Are we delusional?" Caroline teases.

"It's the only thing I could make under such short notice," Elena rolled her eyes. "My fridge isn't exactly stocked at the moment."

"Well, doesn't matter," Caroline takes a sip from her mug. "It definitely hits the spot." She smiles.

"So, tell me! How'd he propose?"

"Well," She places her mug on Elena's coffee table. "It wasn't anything extravagant. You know, Sam; he's very traditional," Elena nods in understanding. "We were eating at that Italian restaurant, Luigi's..." Elena held back the urge to roll her eyes at the mention of the restaurant. "And just after dessert, he grabbed my hands. He began telling me how much I meant to him, and it didn't take long for me to put together what he was about to do. He got up from his seat, and got down on one knee in front of me."

"Aww, Care," Elena wipes a tear she hadn't noticed had escaped from her eye. "I'm so happy for you guys!" Elena pulls her in for another hug.

"Thank you, Elena."

"So when are you guys planning to have the wedding?" Elena asks, once they pull away from each other.

"I want a Fall wedding, Sam wants Winter. Speaking of the wedding," Caroline quickly reaches for her mug of hot cocoa. "I was hoping you wouldn't mind being my maid of honor!" She exclaims excitedly.