Tenth

A/N: Ending's are hard, but here's the final chapter!

-

Time seemed to tick by slowly as she watched his sleeping form across from her. She'd spent the last month waking up to a pair of loving blue eyes and now, looking at Dean's resting face across from hers, she wasn't sure she was prepared to see the green. She wasn't prepared to accept the realization that those dreamy blues didn't make her feel what the striking greens did.

Her heart skips a beat when Dean begins to move. She quickly closes her eyes, not wanting to see his yet. A moment passes, and she hears his soft snores pick up again. She opens one eye to take a peek, noting Dean had only turned to his side and was seemingly asleep again. Deciding this was her cue to climb out of bed, she slides out from underneath the covers slowly, careful to not make a sound. She's quick to pick up her scattered clothes and is just as quick to dress herself as she went along. Slipping into a pair of boots and grabbing a coat; she makes her way out of her apartment, shutting the door silently behind her.

Once she reaches the outdoors, she takes in a giant breath of fresh air and slowly releases it.

It was a snowy Christmas morning. The streets were empty and quiet as families were indoors, enjoying each other's company. Elena was the only person out this early in the morning. She began to walk to her car, only to find it covered in snow. She lets out an exasperated sigh as she remembers her ice scraper was back in her apartment. For a minute, a thought crosses her mind... Is this the worlds way of telling me to go back home?

She shakes her head, opting not to believe that thought. Instead, she chooses to walk. She wasn't sure where she was heading; she just knew she needed a moment to think, to breathe.

-

After about an hour and finally getting tired of walking through the thick snow; she found herself a few blocks away from her home, at a park Cas had taken her to not too long ago. She'd lived here longer than he had and she had just recently found out about this little park. She brushed off some snow from the bench to take a seat. She then stared at the frozen pond in front of her, a smile growing on her lips as a memory began to flash through her mind.

The weather had just begun to warm up. Cas insisted on taking her out to enjoy the sun.

"How is it that I've lived here longer than you and I never knew this park was here!" She exclaims.

Cas shrugs. "I spend a lot of time outdoors," He explains as he pulls out a small bag from his sweater's pocket. He twists the bag open and sticks his hand in. He pulls out a piece of bread offers it to Elena.

She looks at it questioningly. "We just ate..."

Cas chuckles. "I am aware of that," He rolls his eyes. "It's for the ducks." He gestures with his head before insisting on handing her the bread once again.

"Oh," She blushes slightly before taking the bread from him, "I knew that." She smiles, before turning to the pond. She breaks the bread into smaller pieces and begins tossing them into the small pond. Her smile grows as she watches the ducks swarm around the pieces of bread.

This had been one of the first times she'd been able to genuinely smile in a couple months.

Her phones ringtone brings Elena back from the memory. She sighs as she digs into her coat pocket to pull it out. She looks at the lit up screen, only to see a new text message from Dean.

I just woke up. Where are you? It reads.

She chews the inside of her cheek as she thought about what to respond.