Seventh

A/N: Wow. Took me forever to write this, but here it is! Hehe. Depending on how writing goes, the next chapter may be the last one for this series! If not it'll be the one right after. Anywho, I really, really hope you guys enjoy this chapter. It was a pain in the ass to write, but I loved writing it. So I hope you guys love it too! Don't forget to vote and comment if you do! 

-

Just as he thought he day was finally coming to a close, Cas hears a knock at his door. He takes a quick look at his watch; it was just past 1 a.m. He walks over to the door, and checks the peephole. Her head hung, sadly, staring at the ground as she waited for him to open the door. Upon seeing her state, concern fills him. The door swings open, and she lifts her head to meet his gaze.

Cas immediately sees the anguish in her red-rimmed eyes. He tilts his head with a saddened look on his face.

"Hi, Cas..." She chokes out. "Can I..." She drops her head, embarrassed to ask for his help.

The last few months she'd spent with Dean, she'd unintentionally neglected her friendship with Cas. She'd blow him off quite a bit to spend more time with Dean. After a few months, Cas just stopped trying. It wasn't until this night... It wasn't until she had no idea where to go, that she realized just how awful she'd been to him. And she still had the nerve to ask for his help.

Cas gently places his hand on her arm. She lifts her head back up. He doesn't speak a word; he simply nods in response, knowing what she would ask of him. His kindness seemingly hits a nerve, and the tears she'd forced behind a dam, break through and begin to run down her face. He quickly pulls her into an embrace, letting her face fall into his shoulder. He gently caresses her back trying his best to comfort her as her tears begin to dampen his t-shirt.

-

Elena spent the week with Cas. The condition she'd arrived at his home concerned him greatly so, he insisted she'd stay the entire week and take off those few days of classes. She only agreed because Cas was in the medical field as well. Although he was a few years ahead of her, he could help her catch up if she needed to do so. Not to mention he sweetened his offer by reminding her he was a star student, and he could "easily pull ropes" for her sake.

The week was quiet. Cas wasn't used to seeing Elena down for an extended amount of time. He knew Elena hid most of her pain. He could easily say she was one of the strongest people he'd ever met. He knew her dark past; the losses she's had and the way she always managed to overcome them. So, a part of him knew that she would once again beat this, but he that didn't lessen the anger he felt.

How could someone hurt her this way? He begins to think to himself. How could someone be so heartless? She doesn't deserve this.

By the final day, the two sat on his couch, side by side. While Elena stared blankly at the movie playing on the T.V, Cas read through some old emails on his laptop. Without looking over at him, she suddenly speaks up.

"I fell for someone," She says.

Elena's voice startles Cas. He looks over at her, puzzled by her random statement. "What?"

Her eyes now remain on her fidgeting hands as she spoke. "We agreed to keep it between us, because we weren't sure what we were... If we were anything at all," She pauses for a moment. "We didn't want anyone to know, because we didn't want to make a big deal out of it if it didn't work, you know?"

"I understand," Cas responds. His laptop was now shut, and his attention was on her. She lifts her head to meet his gaze. To his surprise, her eyes were glistening. "Elena, you don't have to explain..."