Fifth

A/N: Hehehe. Don't forget to comment and like if you enjoy this :)

-
As Sam makes his way out of the shower, he reaches for his towel and wraps it around his waist. As he exits the bathroom, he hears Caroline's voice shouting his name. Alarmed, Sam quickly runs out to find his wife.

"Caroline?! What is it? Where are you?" His booming voice shouts out in response. He's standing out in the hallway, head snapping back and forth as he tried to listen for the direction of her voice. His racing heart begins to calm the moment he sees her exiting Elena and Dean's room, with a scowl on her face and her arms crossed.

"What the hell, Care? I thought you were hurt or something." He breathes out.

She loosens up as she approaches him. "I'm sorry. It's just," She huffs. "Elena and Dean aren't in their room. They said they'd be up bright and early to help us get ready for the barbecue for later."

"Well, they probably just went out for a walk or something. I'm sure they'll turn up soon."

"For their sake, they better." She says with a pout as she makes her way past Sam. Sam shakes his head with a smile as he watches his cranky wife descend the stairs, muttering insults at Dean and Elena with each step she took.

-

With his arm securely wrapped around her, both Dean and Elena slept soundly through the dawn hours. Sometime during the night, Elena's subconscious mind decided to make use of Dean's chest as a pillow. Her action had startled him awake, but he quickly realized she was fast asleep. After momentarily considering gently shrugging her off of him, he ultimately decided against that option. Instead, he found himself furthering the embrace. He wrapped his own arm around her, pulling her closer towards him and soon after went back to sleep.

This is the scene sitting before Sam's eyes. The couple sleeping soundly on the beach; it brought a small smile on his lips as he took in their position. A part of him didn't want to ruin it, but he knew he'd get an earful if he didn't return with the two.

"Did you guys really sleep out here all night?" He says hovering over the two.

Elena's eyes snap open at the sound of Sam's voice. When she realizes she had been sleeping on Dean's chest with his arm wrapped around her, she quickly pushed it off and sat up. Startled by the sudden chaos going around him, Dean was now awoken as well. His eyes squinted as they adjusted to the light. After a few blinks he sees Sam hovering over him with an amused look on his face.

"Sorry to ruin... whatever was going on here," Sam begins.

"Nothing was going on here." Dean replies sternly.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever," Sam disregards Dean's response. "Caroline is looking for you guys." He shoots Elena a look, which she quickly comprehends.

"She's flipping out isn't she?" Elena asks. Sam simply nods. She lets out a sigh before she lifts herself off of the ground. "Alright, I guess I'll go deal with the wrath of Caroline and try to calm her down." She says.

"Please," Sam pleads. "I'm on grocery duty so..." He turns his attention to Dean who was now lifting himself off of the ground as well. "Dean?"

"Huh?" He gives Sam a perplexed look. "Oh. Groceries? Sounds good."

"Alright, I'll see you guys later then." Elena responds as she smiles and waves them off.

Once Elena is out of hearing distance, Sam turns to Dean with a knowing smile on his face. Dean saw the expression on Sam and was quick to anger.

"Don't you dare say a word, Sam," Dean warned. "I told you nothing happened. We just fell asleep." He explains.

Sam chuckles and raises his hands in defense. "I didn't say anything."