Chapter Ten

"So that's the guy?" Sonny asked as he looked down at the file he had in his hand, reading through it. He looked from through the window of the interrogation room to see a tanned guy with black hair and dark brown eyes sitting in the steel chair with his hands folded.

Olivia nodded, "Julio Díaz. Thirty-one years old, suspected of rape and assault."

"Alright so you want me to go in and make him talk?" Sonny asked.

"Yeah,  get Chapman in with you too. This guy's tough to cooperate with."

He nodded and closed the file, walking out to the main office where Eliza was at her desk filling out paper work. "Hey Chapman, need your help with an interrogation."

She stood up slowly and walked up to him, "For what case?"

"Here's the file," Sonny handed her the file and turned back to walk to the interrogation room.

As she slowly read through the file with disinterest, her eyes widened once she saw the name on the file. "Did he brief you Chapman?" Olivia asked as they had approached her.

Eliza shook her head nervously, "I can't go in there. Sorry."

"What do you mean you can't go in?" Olivia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Because that's my brother in there," she muttered quietly.

"I thought you were an only child," Sonny was confused as well.

"Well technically I am since we weren't raised together. This guy is my half-brother. Same dad, different moms," she explained, inhaling nervously, "I haven't seen him since we were kids."

"Well since he's technically family, you have no choice but to not get involved in the case," Olivia said, giving Eliza a look of sympathy.

"Thanks Liv," she sighed in relief and walked back to her desk.

"Is she going to be okay?" Sonny asked with a frown.

"It's normal for her to feel that way. Seeing a family member get arrested, especially for a crime as serious as this, can be heart wrenching," Olivia explained.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"I want to see my lawyer," Julio said with a smug grin as he saw Sonny walk into the room. "I do have a right to one, am I correct?"

"Well yes but you can talk to me while we wait for yours to arrive," Sonny smiled back, sitting down across from Julio.

"So why'd you do it? Why'd you rape that woman?" Sonny whispered.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I ain't rape no lady," Julio shrugged.

"It's okay, you don't have to lie. We're both men here. We both have urges. So just tell me why you did it."

"I'm not speaking until my lawyer gets here," Julio demanded.

"Fine. Doesn't matter anyway. We already found your DNA on the victim's clothes," Sonny shrugged.

"You're lying."

"What makes you say that?"

"I wiped her off after I finished her," Julio said.

"So you admit to raping her then."

"No, it wasn't like that!It was consensual," Julio told him.

"Oh really? And she just willingly let you beat the shit out of her and force yourself inside her, huh? Was that consensual too?" Sonny slammed the table, practically yelling at the guy.

Julio shrugged, "She asked me to do that stuff. She was into some weird shit."

"You know what, you're a scumbag," Sonny muttered as he stood up, picking up his folder before he walked out.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hey Eliza, are you okay?" Nick furrowed his eyebrows at Eliza, who had been leaning against the wall, stumbling as she walked.

"I'm fine," she muttered quietly.

"You sure? You don't look too good," he narrowed his eyes. Without warning, she quickly ran into the women's bathroom, heaving loudly.

Nick looked around nervously, debating whether or not he should go inside to check on her. With a sigh, he barged in and noticed an open stall where she had been sitting in.

He grimaced as he saw the sight of vomit chunks in the toilet. Eliza was hunched over, leaning against the wall of the stall.

"You sure you're okay Eliza? Cause that doesn't look okay."

"I'm fine Nick, really. It was probably just something I ate,"she waved it off and stood up, walking over to the faucet to wash her hands and face.

"Maybe you should leave work early today. I'll cover for ya," he offered.

"I'm fine," she repeated sternly and walked past him, leaving the bathroom.

"You okay Eliza?" Sonny asked as he noticed her come out. He reached his hand out and placed it on her forehead, "You're burning up."

"Oh my god I'm fine!" She yelled, reaching her max, "Just leave me alone!" She pushed herself off him and walked over to grab her coat.