When Life Gives You Lemons, Hate Life

"Welcome back Clinton."

He looked at me and smirked.

"Im gald to be back nerdette." I growled at that stupid nickname he gave me years ago.

"Stop calling me that." I hissed. He laughed.

"Or what? Are you going to take out your books and calculate how to beat me? Im sure you will fail cause you can never beat me." He smiled.

Before I could even react, my fist made contact with Clinton's face. His hand touched his nose. I gasped.

"Oh my god. What did I do."

"That's exactly what I ask myself." I turned around and was faced with Mr.Cali, the principal. I gulped.

"Come with me. Both of you." He faced Clinton, who was still in shock. I wanted to scream. I have never gotten in trouble before.

******

"Way to go nerdette. It's my first day back and I'm already in the principal's office. But I'm impressed."

"Impressed?"

"Yeah. I'm impressed. You stood up for yourself. Congrats." Clinton started to clap, catching the attention of the principal's assistant. She coughed.

"Stop doing that." I hissed as I put my hand over his. He looked at me and raised his eyebrow. I quickly took my hand away.

"Come in Marial." The principal said when he came out of his personal office. I stood up and walked in.

"So I see you are having problems with Clinton Thompson?" I nodded.

"Well. Why did you hit him?" I sighed.

"Well, he was saying stuff that I didn't like?" Mr.Cali shook his head in disappointment.

"This isn't elementary school Marial. You're in high school. Those actions are childish."

"I know. But he is such a jerk. He is as sour as a lemon."

"The saying goes that when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Maybe you can be friends with Clinton." I started to laugh so hard that my ribs started to hurt.

"You're....so f...funny.....M..r....Cali." I said in between laughs.

"What?" He said confused. I calmed down and answered him.

"I will never be friends with him. My saying goes that when life gives you lemons, hate life. Which I do right now." He smiled.

"Fine. I see that you dont like Clinton."

"Yep. So since this chat is over, I'm going to leave." I wanted to get out of here quickly.

"Where do you think you're going." I groaned.

"Fine. What is my punishment?"

"3 days of detention. That's all I ask for."

"Ugh. I never been to detention."

"Well, now you will be. You will start tomorrow. You may go now." I quickly got out, not wanting anymore punishments.

"Wow. Your first time having detention. Im so proud of you." I turned around and saw Clinton wiping fake tears. I groaned.

"How did you know I have detention?"

"You were talking pretty loud." He laughed. I sighed and left the office.

******
"I am?" I asked Rachel as she helped me get the food out of my hair. It's all stuck in there. The principal could have at least let me change and get the food out before he sent me to his office. Probably got his chair dirty.

"You were. You are officially the new gossip at school."

"Oh my god." I hated this so much.

"Don't worry Marial. Gossip only last 24 hours. You'll be alright."

"I hope so."

"Oh. By the way, Arian told me to give you this." Rachel handed me a piece of paper.

"It's his phone number. I think he wants to apologize to you." I blushed.

"That's so sweet."

"It is. But I wonder when you will call him so that he can apologize to you." I sighed

I wonder.

******

"Oooo girl, you should definitely call him." My best guy friend, Raven, said.

"Should I? I dont know."

"Look. I was as nervous as you when my crush gave me his number. And look now, he is my boyfriend. You can do it."

"Raven. I dont like him. I don't even know him."

"Just call him." He took my phone and the paper from my desk and was about to dial his number.

"NO RAVEN." I jumped on him and we fell to the ground. He stood up and was dialing the rest of the number.

"Imma put it on speaker. "

"RAVEN." I jumped on him again and we both fell again. He threw my phone on to the bed. I was about to get it when i felt Raven wrap his arms around my waist.

"No. Let me go."

"No." I tried to get out of his grasp when I heard something.

"Hello? Who is this."

Its Arian.

Raven let me go and ran away.

"Good luck girl."

"I hate you Raven."

"No you don't. You love me. You can't stay mad at me for too long."

"I'll try." I heard a laugh before I felt the front door close. I ran to the bed and grabbed the phone.

"Hey. It's Marial. Sorry about that. I had to...deal with something."

"Ok?" He laughed.

"So about today..." I started.

"Im so sorry. I didn't mean to. Will you forgive me?"

"Of course." I laughed.

"Can I repay it to you?"

"How?"

"By taking you out. So you can eat what you didn't eat at lunch."

"Sure. I would love that."

"Great. Ill pick you up tomorrow at 8."

"Sure. Detention only lasts until 5:30."

"What?"

"Nevermind. Bye. I have to finish my homework."

"Ok. Bye." I hung up.

I can't wait to see what happens.