Aren't I Breath-Taking?

Shailene Woodley as Marial Johnson

Picture on the side.

                           *******

The car ride was the worst one I've ever been in my life. Clinton kept on being a pain in the butt.

"Would you stop poking me." I said as I slapped his hand away from my face. He laughed. But thank God he stopped. Than a question popped into my mind.

"Hey Clinton?"

"Yes nerdette."

"Why did you come back to Hill County High? I thought you were expelled." He sighed.

"Well. I was having a tough time at the private school I was in. So my dad told Mr.Cali about my problem and he let me have another chance."

"Thanks a lot Mr.Cali." I said sarcastically. Clinton laughed.

"You really do hate me don't you?"

"Yes. Very. I even had a party when I found out you got expelled." I smirked.

"Oh really? I dont believe you."

"Just watch." I said as I called Mary.

"Yes sweetie?" She answered back.

"Remember that party I had three years ago." I heard Mary laugh.

"Ah yes. I remember. I will never forget it. October 20th. The day when you were literally drunk on happiness." I turned to face Clinton, who had his jaw dropped.

"That hurts nerdette. Right here." He said, pointing to his heart. I frowned.

"You wouldn't notice real pain in the heart until you experience one." I said coldy. At first, Clinton looked confused. After a while, his face turned from confused to full of shock and regret.

"Oh my god. Marial. Im..."

"No. Just dont talk." I interrupted him. He shut his mouth and stayed quiet.

This officially turned to the most awkward car ride I've ever been.

Finally, a huge restaurant came to veiw. I stared at it in shock. This must be new. I've never been here before.

I was so into my daydream that I didn't feel when the car stopped and that Mary and Gabe were already out. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Clinton.

"Come on nerdette. Let's go." He took my hand and led me to the restaurant.

"Wow. This is amazing." I said as I looked around the restaurant. I was about to turn in a circle when I felt something on my hand preventing me from turning. I looked down and saw that Clinton's hand was still intertwined with mine. I blushed.

"Um Clinton? Can you let go of me?" Clinton looked at our intertwined hands.

"No."

"Why?!"

"Cause if I do, you will run away and make look bad in front of my dad." I rolled my eyes. Of course he would care about himself.

"Hello. How may I help you?" Spoke up a lady when we got to a counter.

"I have reservations for 2 tables for 2 on the rooftop." Gabe said. When I heard rooftop, I gasped.

"Oh. You don't have to put us on the rooftop." Gabe laughed.

"Nonsense. I want you to have as much as a good time as me and Mary are going to have."

"But..." Mary gave me what I call 'the shut it' look. I sighed.