Chapter 3 - "Ready as I'll ever be!"

Three days have passed...

It's been exactly three days since Louis stopped making any effort into teasing or torturing me with his rude side comments. I must admit; obviously I hate being hurt by someone I had feelings for but I'm not fond of being ignored by him either. I'd rather be shoved against a locker or have him call me loser or even nerd for the billionth time than be ignored by him. To be honest, this shit sucks and I actually miss him.

This is exactly the day after I went over to his house to write the essay which I am still working on right now. This isn't the Louis I know. The Louis I know wouldn't even miss a tiny opportunity of taunting me; because I know how much it pleasures him.

It's now History, the second period, and as usual, Louis is in the corner of the room talking and laughing unnecessarily loud with his friends.

Every twenty seconds, I find myself looking over to check what he is doing or if he is looking at me. But no, he is having the greatest time of his life with his friends and that is what hurts me the most. The realization of me not meaning anything to him in his life. I just wish this this empty feeling in my heart would go away already but it doesn't. This sucks! I miss Louis.

I turn my head to scratch something on my shoulder only as an excuse to once again check up on Louis. Now that I've realized how much my life is better when he would taunt me, I will never ever complain if he ever does it again.

I notice him taking photos, a silly one with a blond whose name I do not know. His pink, wet, plump lips are pouted and the blond is gasping, making a surprised face, trying to look cute but obviously failing. She looks like if she squeezes herself a little more, she will explode.

After taking about five photos they both look back to the pictures and laugh really loud, adoring each other's expressions. Ugh, I want to puke now.

I get out of my reverie when I hear a knock on the door. The substitute teacher gets up to open the door and I go back to writing the essay, wanting it to be the most perfect thing since it was Louis and I's I repeat Louis and I's. The thought of him and I sharing something just makes me feel good. The smallest things about him and I doing something or enjoying something, literally anything that has to do with us two makes me feel helplessly giddy.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The substitute lady asks, rainbows and sun shines bursting out of the tone of her voice. "Ms. Huntley's class?" A voice responds and I realize it belongs to a girl. I am not able to see her face yet, as I was at the far side of the room so the only thing I can actually see is the substitute and the open door.

I watch as the substitute nods. "I'm a new student here," the girl says and the whole class goes silent just a few whispers coming from the girls predicting her personality and how she's probably a skank. Really now? They haven't even seen her face yet.

"Oh come in," the substitute teacher smiles as the girl steps in walking in front of the class with a wide smile on her face. I must admit, she is pretty. She has dark brown and wavy hair. Matching brown eyes, and full pink lips that are curved up from both corners. A little too happy on their first day.

A wolf whistle comes from behind, as laughter joins along and the smile on the new girl's face slowly fades away replacing a worried one. She has long bare legs underneath her uniform skirt, and she is wearing the ladies' sleeveless sweater with the white button up shirt under, her tie done properly. I must admit she is attractivr and this will only cause trouble for her as long as we have the douchebags in the corner. Poor girl. "My name's Erin," she gives a small wave and looks at the substitute.

"Take a seat," the teacher gestures in front of her as she herself sits down on the chair behind the teacher's desk.

New girl's eyes slowly scan around looking for an empty seat, and meets my gaze. She smiles at me and makes her way towards me.