.: Back To Life :.

Back To Life
A One Shot by Golden Desiree

~*~

Morning. It was a fine morning today, nothing new. I was in front of my laptop, typing stuff for my History assignment, when a chat box popped on a corner.

Camelia: Hey Lauren,

            Furrowing my eyebrows, I typed back to her.

Me: What.

            It took her like a few minutes to reply, so I had some time to type for my assignment. She's Camelia Lopez, not my typical friend but my best friend of all. Okay, let me tell you a story.

            When I was five, that's when we met. In kindergarten. Yes, that's true. It was first day then, and I was a new student. But unluckily, I forgot my lunch bag because of too much excitement. It was her who gave me food. And it was Cam who became my first friend in school.

Camelia: It's about JK, Lau.

Me: What about him?

Camelia: I think I can't tell this to you on chat. Let's meet. I'm coming over.

            I didn't reply. Maybe that's just some pathetic story that she made out of boredom. That's usually what she does every time. So I continue typing my assignment.

            After 10 minutes, Camelia arrived. Pale and shaking. Nearly crying.

"Why?" I quickly asked. She went inside and sat at our sofa then showed me her phone.

            I was a news article. So I read it.

          Plane Crash in Siquijor.

Flight 3542 to Manila was unfortunate when the plane crashed in Siquijor. The said plane crashed on a forest with 245 passengers.

                There were 34 deaths found including the Cebuano Charmer, Juan Karlos Labajo.

Search and rescue operations are ongoing.

According to some villagers near the forest, there was an explosion after the crash, making it difficult to identify the burned bodies.

"Who - Who made this article?" I nervously asked Cam.

            "ABS-CBN news." She said scrolling to the top, showing the logo.

No, that can't be true.

Why would God take JK away from us? It's impossible. But we all know, he was out of Luzon for shows. Oh my God. Don't tell me JK's dead?

I was cut out of reverie when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered. It was Tanya, my IG friend. We met because of JK.

"I can't believe it, Lau." Tanya cried.

            I held my phone tighter.

"Believe what?" I asked, trying to pretend that I know nothing.

"JK's dead." She cried out loud. Then cut the call off.

            After hearing that, I allowed myself to cry. JK, why?