six

After that very long story telling with Camelia, including all her annoying side comments, we went to her car and rode off to ABS-CBN.

She had also promised to keep this a secret and that she'll also help me and JK.

"Get down, peeps." She called out as the car stopped in front of the building's entrance.

"Wait, Cam." I called out before she goes inside the building. "Borrow your phone."

She handed me her phone without hesitation. I approached JK.

"Do you know your Tito's phone number? Or even your Lola's?" I asked. He typed in the number then glanced at me for approval. I nodded. I saw him press call, and he handed me the phone.

The phone was ringing. But no one was answering.

Again, I waited for some time. JK and Camelia were around me, listening if ever they answer. But no, none came.

I ended the call. "Try again," Said Camelia. I pressed the call button. Again, it was ringing. And JK was listening very carefully for it. It was a minute, and the line went off saying that it is now unattended.

"It's okay, Lauren." JK tried to smile. But deep inside, I know he's sad. I know he's upset and he's disappointed. I felt it. He was hoping that his Tito would answer. And he'll be back home again.

"JK, I'll try again." I said. Trying my luck again, I pressed the call button.

I closed my eyes tight. Lord, please let him answer the phone. I need him to pick up his phone. I felt a hand on my shoulder, not sure if it is Cam or JK, but it feels like they're praying with me.

"Hello?" A voice answered. I nearly screamed in joy. My eyes fluttered open and I smiled.

"Hello po, Tito Jov." I greeted. "This is Lauren po. I'd like to meet you po somewhere near the ABS-CBN building."

"For what?" Tito Jov asked.

"I'm sorry, this may sound ridiculous but please, I'm here in front of ABS-CBN building with JK." I said abruptly.

"What?" He asked, surprised. "Oh, I'm sorry girl but you cannot fool me. This is a prank."

"No sir! It is true. Please believe me. This is the last thing I know that I could do to help." I pleaded. He was silent for a moment. I was afraid that he might end the call, but he didn't.

"Sir, pl-"

"Tito Jov! Ako to! Si JK!" JK shouted in. I looked at him and he's desperately wishing for Tito Jov to believe.

Camelia went nearer to hear, so I just pressed the speaker button.

We can hear Tito and Lola talking on the background. I think they're arguing about something.

"Patay na si JK!" I heard Tito Jov said. "Manloloko lang to."

"Hindi. Malay mo si JK talaga yun! Kailangan natin siyang puntahan. Wala naming mawawala." Argued Lola Linda.

I heard JK held his breath. "Come on, Lola. I need to see you." He mumbled.

Then I heard Tito Jov to pick his phone up again. "Hello?" He called.

"Y-yes po? Andito pa po kami." I answered. He sighed. I know he's hesitating. I, myself understand. Being in this situation, it's unbelievable! JK, alive? No one would believe at once. Well, except me. Because I didn't believe that he's dead in the first place.