Ever So Cautious

Sorry it's short and late!

It's been a few days, and Derek was still laying low. He only went out of the apartment when he needed too, and he never, Never, let Paige out. "C'mon Der. Paige needs fresh air." Stiles pleaded as he tugged on Derek's arm. "She's a baby. You can't just keep her cooped up in here."

Derek glared at Stiles and he backed off. Stiles was getting used to it. He sighed and walked away from Derek. He picked up Paige from her playpen and kissed her head. "I tried." He whispered to her. Derek's acute hearing picked it up. He frowned but went back to gazing out over the fire escape.

Derek's brows furrowed. Stiles was whimpering. He sighed and stopped what he was doing. He got up and put his arms around Stiles and Paige. He nuzzled his face into the side of Stiles's neck. "What's wrong, love?"

"Nothing." He shrugged off Derek.

"Stiles." Derek said sternly, almost like a warning.

"You never pay attention to me anymore! You're so obsessed that some witch is going to hex our baby that you forgot all about me!" Stiles yelled.

"Of course I'm worried about our baby! Why aren't you?" Derek snapped.

"How dare you?" Stiles gritted his teeth. "How dare you accuse me of not caring about my baby?! Our baby!" He grabbed Paige and the diaper bag and ran out the door.

"Stiles! Wait!" Derek called after him. "Shit!" He cursed and chased after him.

Stiles sat at the coffee shop where he and Derek first met. His mind started wandering to the day they first laid their eyes on each other.

The aroma of coffee was thick in the air. Stiles was sat in a red booth, and nursed a cup of coffee. He sighed, the breath causing more steam to rise out of the cup. He had just broken up with his boyfriend, Danny. They decided to just be friends. He was still hurt though. He missed the comfort of another human being. He was about to get up and leave when the bell above the door chimed. He looked over and saw the most beautiful person he had ever laid his eyes on. He must have been staring. The guy walked passed him and smirked. He winked at Stiles and walked up to the counter.

"Can I sit here?" He asked. Stiles smiled and nodded eagerly.

"Can I sit here?" Stiles snapped out of his daydream. He looked up. Derek stood their sheepishly. Stiles looked away and nodded. Derek crawled in next to Stiles.

There was an awkward pause. Derek put his hand on Stiles's. Stiles gazed at Derek. He waited patiently for Derek to say something. Finally, Derek spoke. "Look." He paused. "I'm sorry. I'm just- I'm just worried about Paige...and you. You guys are my life now. I couldn't bear to lose you two."

Stiles nodded and Derek continued. "I love you, Stiles. Please, come back home with me."

"Okay. On one condition."

And that's how they found themselves strolling through the park, once again. "I think this is starting to become one of my favorite places. Not my most favorite, but one of them."

"What's your favorite place then?" Derek asked curiously.

Stiles blushed and looked at the ground. "With you and Paige, of course." Derek grinned and Stiles continued. "When we're in your bed, all cuddling. That's my favorite feeling ever."

Derek chucked and stopped him. He learned down and kissed Stiles. If he wasn't caring Paige, he would have wrapped his arms around Derek to deepen the kiss. Paige let out a cry of protest. She was being smushed. The pair shared a look and busted out laughing.