We're Going To Be In For One Hell Of A Fight Aren't We?

Derek paced back and forth in the apartment. Tension was clouding the air and all of the pack was on edge. The message from that boy kept replaying in Derek's mind over and over on a loop of madness until he had finally had enough. He let out a howl in agony and started to shift. His pack took this as this meant business and they were off once more. It had come to seem like they were always on the go these days. Why couldn't they just have a normal day for once? They were back in their respective cars again and Derek had shifted back down, although his anxiety had not changed any. It was Deaton's lunch break luckily so they weren't interrupting his business again. They brought Deaton's books back to him and together they went through them.
"So they called themselves The Dark Pack?" Deaton asked as he flipped through a big, leather-bound book. It was dusty and blew up dust into a very nosy Isaac's nose who was leaning over Deaton's shoulder. He started sneezing uncontrollably and fell back into the shelf of medical instruments. It all crashed to the floor with multiple bangs and clatters. ]
"Hehe, oops?" Isaac offered and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. Derek growled at him and Isaac yelped. He dove to the ground and immediately started cleaning up his mess.
"Okay...I found something." Deaton told the pack. "I knew I had seen that symbol before." He pushed the book towards the group for them to see too. It was handwritten notes and encounters with The Dark Pack. "They're a group of omegas who used to belong to various different packs but the catch is every single one of them who is in The Dark Pack murdered their pack as a part of an initiation to The Dark Pack. Some of them were alphas and some were betas but without a pack they were an omega. Apparently, they still identify as omegas too, even though they have a pack."
"A pack of omegas..." Derek trailed off.
"So they want Derek to do the same thing?" Erica's eyes widened and her lip trembled slightly.
"I would never!" Derek immediately snapped back. Erica nodded. Boyd clasped a hand on his back.
"We have your back. We will fight with you...for you. You're our alpha. We stand with you." Boyd reassured Derek. Isaac nodded from down on the floor.
"Yeah, even though I'm sitting, I stand for you." Isaac chuckled. Stiles had remained silent the whole time. He held onto Paige and kissed her head.
"We're going to be in for a hell of a fight aren't we?" Stiles muttered, a tear falling down his cheek.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
The pack shuffled into John's house at around 5 o'clock. After planning and failing to plan for the rest of the time that they had gotten home from Deaton's, they decided they might as well still take John up on his offer. The sheriff seemed ecstatic to have everyone over and he was already outside cooking the steaks. Derek immediately took Paige out to the backyard to see her Grandpa. Stiles followed them outside and put his best face on. He decided to act like nothing was bothering him, for the sake of his daughter and his father.
"Hey, daddy." Stiles walked over and gave his father a hug. Derek had taken over the steaks and his dad had taken over cooing over Paige. Stiles face softened and he let himself breath a little when he saw the cute scene in front of him. John had Paige cradled in one arm and was using his free hand to tickle her relentlessly. Paige was squealing happily and making little hiccup sounds from the surprise of it all. And for once it was normal. The pack sat down to eat and Paige was being fed her own special baby food.
"Too bad she can't have steak." Isaac moaned. "It's so good." He dragged out his words to emphasize just how good it was. Boyd laughed and shook his head. Erica was eating steak too but she was one of the few that got a good portion of salad on her plate too. Something about 'When y'all die of heart disease, I'll still be kicking.' Stiles was feeding Paige steak and vegetable puree out of a jar so she wouldn't feel left out.
"So are you really going to college Stiles or am I just paying some random place for no reason?" John teased.
"Well yeah but most of my classes are online so I can do them whenever and wherever." Stiles told him. "Plus that gives me time to spend with my baby so I'm happy." Stiles smiled over to Paige who cooed at him.
"Well good. Maybe then you'll come home more often." John smiled and went back to eating his steak. It was a small portion of steak because John had health issues and Stiles always watched his health for him. Stiles frowned, realizing he had been so consumed in his own life he had been neglecting his dad.
"I'm sorry I haven't been around, Dad." Stiles offered up a sympathetic look. John stopped eating and stared at Stiles.
"It's okay, Son. I know you're an adult now. I mean you have a baby. How more of an adult can you get?" John joked. Stiles chuckled awkwardly and trailed off. The exchanged a look of sadness but understandment.
"That's not an excuse. I promised Mom I would keep an eye on you and that's what I plan on doing!" Stiles cried out. It got quiet and the two of them stared at each other for a couple of minutes.
"Stiles you were only a baby then, you couldn't possibly expect to loo-" John was cut off by Stiles.
"The day Mom got sick I grew up, and the day she died I became an adult." Stiles informed his dad. "I knew I had to be strong for us so that you could feel for both of us." John started to cry. Stiles did too.
"Stiles, you will always be my baby, don't you get that?" John took Stiles into his arms and the two of them embraced. The pack stared on awkwardly. Yes, it was getting back to normal. Although no one was none the wiser to the mysterious figure that was looming in the bushes, watching the scene unfold.