Chapter 14

Chapter 14 Extinguisher

Noah's POV

I stayed in bed, tears pouring out of my eyes, my whole body shuddering and making me feel like a little girl who didn't have her way in the candy store. I couldn't believe what had happened. I couldn't believe that Lex could be so careless, so cruel. What I wanted was for her to come after me when I walked away. I wanted her to run after me, even though I was mad. Deep down, I knew some large part of my being needed her to come to me, apologize, kiss me, whatever! I just needed her and I still do.

My dad came into my room trying to get me to eat something, but I blew him off, rejecting his soup and ignoring every word he said. I couldn't eat. Just thinking about it made me want to puke my guts out. I'd paced around my room. I'd tried to study, but only ended up chucking my textbook across the room. So now, I laid down, thinking about a girl who was so obviously uninterested in me. My heartbeat stopped when my ringtone sounded through my bedroom. I freaked out even more when Lex's name appeared on the screen, flashing endlessly like a mantra. For a split second, I thought about ignoring it, but I couldn't. I couldn't even though I tried.

"Hello?"

"Noah..."

"Lex, I really just need time. Please just..." I sighed, trailing off; unable to verbalize any of the words I'd been going over in my head for hours.

"Noah, I'm sorry, okay? I didn't kiss Cole. He kissed me and I had every intention of pulling away, but you jumped to conclusions so fast. You...You obviously thought that I went back to him, but Noah...that's the last thing I want. He followed me around all day and I blew him off. I did, Noah. Now, I'm miserable because you got the wrong idea. You..."

"Oh, shit. Lex?"

"What?" she whispered into the phone, sounding so defeated, so sad.

"Come over...please."

"Okay." She whispered I drew in a shaky breath.

Thank God.

..........................

She stepped into my room and I shut and locked the door behind her. Luckily, she'd gotten here fast, leaving me with little time to sit and worry about everything that had happened. However, now, I was a nervous wreck, every moment of silence tearing me apart, little by little. I motioned for Lex to take a seat but she didn't. Her eyes bored into mine and I wanted to reach out and hug her. I had the urge to back her up against my wall and kiss her. I wanted to hold her in my arms despite the fact that I was still confused as hell about earlier today.

"Lex, say something. I..."

"Noah, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I made you hate me and I'm sorry that..."

"No, Lex, I don't hate you! I could never hate you. I just...I just got mad. I just...The thought of you going back to him made me crazy and when I saw you kissing him...I broke." I sighed.

"Noah, I don't want him. Right now, I want you. I don't know how any of this will work out. I don't know myself. I don't know anything except that when I'm with you, things aren't so bad and I...Well I guess, I need you." She tried to explain, her sad eyes flicking down to the floor before returning to mine.

Before I could fully take in her words, her lips settled on mine and she was kissing me, mending my heart and putting me together once again. I let her. I didn't pull away because I couldn't. I couldn't even think about stopping this beautiful girl from kissing me. Chills pricked my skin all over my entire body and my heart pounded so hard and fast as our lips moved in perfect sync. It was like a dream coming true, some crazy fantasy of mine coming true. It's like that exited feeling you get when you visit a new place, everything around you feeling so surreal and perfect. I wanted this feeling to continue. I wanted to somehow wrap myself in this feeling, hoping and praying that I wasn't ripped from it.