Chapter 46

Chapter 46 Extinguisher

Alexa's POV

I woke up from continuous dreams of Noah, him running away. I dreamt that something bad had happened to him, that he got into trouble, and that I would never see him again. My heart was racing as I slipped out from under Cole's sleeping figure. Being the heavy sleeper he was, he groaned but didn't wake up. He just grabbed my pillow pulling it into his body to cuddle with. I smiled, pulling on my sweatpants and a hoodie, reaching for my phone on the nightstand.

3 new voicemails.

My heart raced all of them being from Lily.

"Hey Lex, I know you're probably asleep and I hate to call you in the middle of the night but...I'm not sure what to do. Noah, he drank so much and now he's really upset."

"Uh...He's calling out for you now. I don't know. His father and I don't know what to do. His room is trashed. Nick and I don't know what to do. I know you could calm him down."

"Lex, I hate to ask you this but...I know you could help me. I just...could you maybe come over? I hate to ask you this but I'm running out of options."

My heart pounded, hands shaking as I locked my phone, shoving it in my hoodie pocket as I grabbed my boots from my closet. After putting my shoes on, I pulled my hair into a messy bun tiptoeing into my bathroom to quickly wash my face and brush my teeth. I scribbled down a quick note for Cole, promising I would be back soon but more than likely, he'd sleep until I returned. I retrieved my purse from the top of my dresser and made my way downstairs.

"Where are you off to?" Ben asked, standing in the kitchen.

I hadn't realized he'd spent the night.

"None of your business. Don't you have your apartment still?"

"Yes." He said carefully, crossing his arms over his broad, muscular chest.

"Aaron wanted me to stay. He's going to go to work with me this morning."

"Oh...well have fun." I muttered, approaching the door before he stopped me.

"Where are you going, Lex?"

"I'm going to Noah's if you must know. He got really drunk and went home last night."

"So...Lily and Nick having an affair, huh?"

"Ben, I have to go." I sighed, wishing he would just let me leave without feeling the need to interrogate me for once.

"Fine, just...be careful."

"I will. You too. Be careful at work, okay?"

"You know I always am. Love you, sis."

I nodded.

"I love you too, Ben." I told him before positioning my bag on my shoulder and quickly scurrying out the door.

It was nine a.m. and I hoped that Noah wasn't still giving his parent's trouble. He'd probably be dealing with a hangover but I felt the need to step in, having missed all of Lily's calls throughout the night. Cole wouldn't like it. He wouldn't like me being gone, but I had to know. I had to know that Noah would be okay. I needed it.

Or maybe I just needed...him.

................................

I almost ran through the door, finding Nick and Lily in the kitchen, Lily in tears and Nick holding her while she cried. They pulled away from each other, looking almost relieved to see me. Lily placed her hand on her upper chest, sighing deeply as she attempted to compose herself.