Chapter Twenty-Six

Thump...thump...thump woke Chloe from the best night’s sleep. Opening her eyes it took a minute to realise where she was, but two warm arms were wrapped around her, and when she glanced to her right it was Luke’s dark profile she saw. It wasn’t a dream; he really was there with her.

But the thumping was still occurring. Sliding free of Luke, she reached for the silk robe that she’d tossed on the floor at some point after her shower and covered her nakedness. Opening the door, she found her brother Phil there with a concerned look on his face.

                “I was about to break the door down! You ok?”

Her response was an almighty grin, “never better.”

Smiling with relief he glanced over her shoulder to the prostrate figure of Luke wrapped up in the bed sheets, “Petrakis,” He shouted over, “there’s one hell of a lot of chaos downstairs, people seem to think you’ve been kidnapped. I suggest you get your ass into gear before my baby sis is arrested!”

A groan was all the response he got, but as he hugged Chloe, begging her to visit soon, Luke apparently managed to open an eye and groan at the time.

                “Shit! I’m due at an official breakfast thing in five minutes.”

                “My turn to disappear darling girl, take care of her Petrakis!” Phil added as he hugged her once more.

                “Will do!” Luke groaned as he pulled himself up to sitting.

At that point Phil left, he was flying back to Victoria. Turning back to face Luke the door closed behind her, Chloe had to hold her breath. With his bed tousled hair, perfect body, and killer smile, she was stunned that this man was hers all over again.

                “Come here fiancée!”  He opened his arms, and Chloe dashed across to him. The hug and kiss were full of promise, as he pulled her onto the bed and under him.

                “Luke, you have to go!”

He nodded, “I know...but I can’t!”

An hour later she’d forced him out of the room and had a day to herself, to relax and be pampered.  She’d dressed into jeans and a shirt that were loose over her belly that seemed to be growing by the day when there was another knock at the door. Chloe hadn’t ordered room service and so had no idea who’d be there, she was surprised when she opened the door to see Rhea, Luke’s sister stood there smiling.

If she’d thought that she was beautiful from a distance, close up she was stunning, perfect skin, long dark glossy hair and the similar caramel eyes as her big brother.

                “You must be Chloe!” She squealed.

Chloe grinned awkwardly, “Rhea, Luke has told me a lot about you!”

Still gawping she smiled back, “really? Well I think I’m the best of a bad bunch. I caught up with him at the training session; he told me you were here. I hope you don’t mind me invading your space, but I really wanted to meet the woman who stood up to my parents!”

Smiling Chloe invited her in; glad she’d tidied away the evidence of their night of passion. “I was a little defensive of your brother, I must confess!”

Rhea grinned, “Good! Tiana has them exactly where she wants them; it’s great to see that someone gave them a reality check.” She glanced at Chloe again. Then lowered her eyes in confusion. Chloe had no idea that her hand was lying protectively over her stomach and blushed profusely.