Chapter 4

Ace watched in horror as Ella leaped onto the fence and disappeared onto the other side. Why would she abandon them? He went limp in the paws of the huge tom holding him, not having a reason to fight anymore. Alice couldn't hold off all these cats by herself. Or was she going to abandon him too?
Cora hissed in frustration and flicked her tail angrily. "What are you waiting for? Go get the other she-cat!" She ordered. Alice stared, frightened, from the ledge for a moment before leaping down to meet them. Ace could barely hear her, but he caught he words as two cats pressed her between them. "Please don't hurt my brother." She meowed quietly, and Ace whimpered. Are they planning on hurting us? Where are they taking us?
The cat who had Ace pinned down picked him up by the scruff, surprisingly gentle, and followed the other street cats over the fence. On the other side, Ace had expected to see all the things he could see from the windows that looked out into the front of the No-Fur nest, but it was just another yard, almost identical to the one they had just left.
"Move." Rumbled the tom, pushing Ace forward. The padded after the group of cats towards the fence on the other side and then did the same thing they had done with the last fence. Ace was picked up, the tom jumped over, Ace was set down in another yard, then they walked towards the next fence and repeated the process. Ace didn't even notice that Cora had slowly been sending cats elsewhere until he saw that it was just him, the tom, Alice and her two guards, and Cora.
"This is the last fence. Send the scrawny tom to Ice and the she-cat to Snake." Alice's eyes widened and Ace's whiskers quivered and fear as the Tom picked him up again. They were being separated? But they had came out of the No-Fur nest so they could stay together! Why didn't we just go back to sleep when we couldn't open the window screen? Why did Ella call out to Cora?
On the other side of the fence, Ace was set down again and pushed after Cora as his sister when in the other direction. he looked back at her as she taken away, but Alice's guards wouldn't even let her have a single glance backwards.
   Ace kept his head down as he was hurried forward, and it took him a moment to realize that he was walking on the hard No-Fur paths that he could see from the windows instead of soft, springy grass. He looked around him and immediately wished he hadn't. Instead of looking happy and inviting like it did during the day, the world outside was dark and filled with shadows. The No-Fur nest towered over the cats, and the moonlight just seemed to make things creepier. Ace shivered and wished he had his sisters with him, instead of Cora and a tom he didn't know.
   Ace was considering asking the tom his name when Cora spoke. "Stupid Twolegs..." She meowed, as Ace noticed two beams of light moving quickly towards them. The tom shoved Ace into the shadows of a No-Fur nest as one of the No-Fur monsters ran by.
   Ace kept quiet as they kept walking, sticking closer to the No-Fur nest and on the grass now, but his curiosity got the best of him. "What's a Twoleg?" He asked.
   "The big, fur-less creatures that you call No-Furs." Cora replied. She didn't seem angry at him for asking questions, so Ace guessed that he could continue. "What's your name?" He meowed, directing the question at the tom this time. The muscular cat cast a questioning glance at Cora, who gave a small nod, before replying. "I'm-" He was cut off by the sound of screeching.    
   Ace's eye's widened as he saw Alice running at full speed along the Twoleg path towards them, with her two guards, a skinny gray tom and a brown tabby she-cat, right behind her. Cora and the tom next to Ace exchanged a glance, and the last thing Ace saw before the tom swiped a hefty paw at Ace's head was Alice leaping into the path of an oncoming monster, the light from the monster's eyes illuminating her terrified face.

A/N- Yay! Cliffhangers! What do you think will happen next? Is Alice going to die? I'll try to put up the next chapter before I have to start school!