Chapter 12

Ace blinked again, trying to process what he was seeing, when a cat shoved into him.
   "Go! Get out of here!" The cat, a tom with ragged brown fur and a ripped collar, hissed. He jumped back into the fray of cats as Ace stumbled away.
Why are there so many cats fighting? Why is Ella here?
   Ace just wanted to go home and curl up on his soft Twoleg blanket. He wanted everything to go back to normal. Ella would say he was weak thinking like that, but he had been thrown into an unfamiliar world in the worst of ways- It was hard to blame him.
   Picking up his pace to dodge fighting cats, he stayed near the wall until he was out of the alley... And on a street swarming with Twoleg monsters. It was so loud that Ace could clearly see why no Twolegs knew of the battle taking place in the alley behind him. But as a few Twoleg's walked past the entrance yet were two distracted to notice anything off, he wondered what would happen if an intelligent one came along.
   "Get out of my way, kit!" A cat snarled. Ace gasped as a cat that looked like Ice pushed past him. He even carried himself with the same air of power. This must be that cat Cora mentioned, the one named Snake. If not him, then someone important at least.
   "Wait!" Ace wasn't sure what he was planning to do, but he knew he had to stall this cat. He seemed like the kind of cat who could turn the tide of battle.
   "What? We have to start fighting!" The cat hissed.
   "I found a smaller backup patrol nearby! If we kill them, we can catch these intruders off guard!" Ace didn't know where the idea came from, but he hoped it worked.
The cat looked pensive for a moment before letting out a growl. Ace almost jumped out of his fur before he heard the words "Lead the way."
Ace turned and raced down the side of the Twoleg street, not knowing the next step in his plan. Part of him was hoping Ella or Alice would come out of nowhere and take over, but it was unlikely. There's no one left to help me now-
   Those thoughts immediately vanished when he saw the familiar lithe black pelt streaking across the Twoleg road, not daring to hope until he saw the purple eyes on the cat bounding towards him. Realizing Alice's plan almost a second too late, he jumped out of the way as she tackled the cat behind him.
   "You filthy piece of scum!" His sister howled as he stepped back. He saw the bewildered glares of a Twoleg pair backing away and hissed."Alice! Not here!"
   She shot him an angry glare but jumped off he cat, turning and shooting off into the nearest alley instead. The cat, whom Ace was sure had to be Snake, followed her as expected.
   Ace followed the faster pair as quick as he could, coming to the dead end of the alley to see them circling each other.
   "You and your brother tore my family apart, Snake." Alice hissed, he meow filled with anger. "Leave this place and maybe I'll spare your life-"
   "So naive, aren't you? You won't leave this alley alive." Snake meowed, his voice eerily calm. Clearly he confident that he could win the battle.
    Before Alice could respond or Ace could come forward to help, another two cats came barreling down the alley to join the battle. The alley was split into two now, Ella and Alice on one side and Snake and Ice on the other, pelts fluffed and claws unsheathed.
   "I can't say I want to help you, but I'm doing this for my cats." Ella growled to her sister. Ace wanted to slip into the shadows at her angry tone. What had happened between the two?
   "Why don't you go ahead and fight each other instead? I think your filthy brother will be happy to-"
   Ice never finished his words. His meow was cut off by Alice and Ella charging at him together, with matching expressions of fierceness. The battle began, and as much as Ace would have liked to help, he didn't. He was too stuck up in his own head, his thoughts still focused on his warring sisters and the battle they were fighting. One they were fighting for all the wrong reasons. What happened to fighting for each other's sake? What happened to fighting for me? What happened to fighting for our mother?
   Ace's paws seemed to move of their own accord as he ran forward and unsheathed his claws. He brought them down on Ice's throat first, then Snakes. It was easy to tell their patched pelts apart from his sister's dark and slightly cleaner ones. The Twoleg streets hadn't changed them completely yet.
   "A-Ace?" Ella meowed in shock, taking a step back. Ace just stared in silent horror at the two bodies in front of him as Alice came to stand by his side.
   "Not now, Ella." Alice replied for him.
   "Don't you dare talk to me! And don't go near him!"
   "Ella, I don't want to fight anymore. I just want to go home." Alice's meow was quiet and resigned, and Ace perked up a bit with happiness. No more fighting would definitely be a good thing.
   Seeing Ace's expression, Ella sighed. "Where even is home?"
   "For me, I think it's the forest. I want to leave this place behind." Alice meowed first.
   "I'm going back to the Twoleg place. I don't want to deal with this anymore." Ella sighed. Both she-cats looked at Ace expectantly.
   "I... I think I'd like to go with Alice." He piped up, flinching as Ella's face fell into one of sadness.
   "Alright." She replied after a moment of silence. "I guess this is were we part ways."
   Alice nodded, and Ace looked at both of them.
   "I guess we're no longer the lost kits."

A/N- Wooooooow, Moon finally finished this story?! Yes, yes I did! It's done! I've finally completed my first warrior fanfic! Hope you guys enjoyed, and sorry if it's a pretty short one with a sucky plot line, but I'm trying to write real, original books now, so go check those out once they're up!