Chapter 1

Gray walked to gym class angered at natsu. He didn't understand what Lucy had seen into him and not himself. Today in gym the guys had to play volleyball with the girls for once. The teams were even of boys and girls on both sides. Lucky for gray lucy was on his team. Gray moved closer to lucy.
"Hey lucy"
"Oh hey gray." People started to play the game.
"I was wondering if you can come over today."
"Today is a bad day I have to help natsu study plus you haven't talked to me since middle school. "She said with a little anger in her voice.
"Okay" it was gray's turn to serve.
"Hurry up and hit the ball!" Natsu screamed at gray from the other side of the net. Gray only smirked.
"Okay" gray served the ball and it hit natsu in the face.
"Natsu" lucy said worridly and ran to him. The couch shook his head as he looked at gray.
"Sheesh did I really hit him that hard?"
In the office
"You broke his nose. That can give you an weeks suspension. After today your suspension will start." Gray walked out the office. He went in the hallway outside. He watched what had seen to be the coach, principal, and teacher go up to the gate. A man seemed as if he was trying to reach through the gate to get the three.
"That's him, Harold I told you we were through." The gate slipped open and the three pushed him away. The teacher was bitten making the principal and coach run away from the situation. There was an explosion near the school. Gray ran and went to find lucy. He stopped at her classroom. The teacher answered the door.
"I need lucy." Gray showed the teacher a fake pass.
"Lucy" Lucy walked out the room and closed the door.
"What is it?"
"Come on we have to go." Gray began to pull her.
"I'm not going anywhere with you." She pulled back.
"Lucy come on."
"No"
"Do you want to die?" He said louder.
"What are you talking about?" She put her hand on her hip.
"Ms. Kwin has been killed-"
"You killed her?"
"No lucy let me-"
"Get away from me." He grabbed her arm again and pulled her close to him.
"Lucy her ex boyfriend came and had seemed very strange. He bit her and started to eat her." Lucy looked at him.
"You seem very dumb to think I would believe that." The sirens started to go off and people started to scream. They ran screaming about something like zombies. Gray grabbed her arm and pulled her to the window.
"Do you see that? That's people fighting for their live out their and you think I am making this up!?!"
"Okay I believe you." The two ran and saw natsu signal them to the roof. They followed him. Gray blocked and locked the door while natsu grabbed lucy and brought her to a high surface. Gray ran behind them. Lucy was tacked by a zombie and kicked it off of her. She grabbed a stick and used it to block her as another zombie pinned her between the wall.
"Natsu help me!!!" Hearing that made gray angry. To hear her calling for him to help her. Not even himself. Gray ran to help her but was surrounded by zombies. He began to fight them off.
"I'm coming Luce." Natsu came and fought off the zombiem. Gray took down the last zombie and ran with lucy and natsu. They sat at the top.
"I'm bit" natsu said.
"I have to take care of this before I turn into one of them. "
"Natsu stop"
"I'm sorry" lucy held on to natsu.
"Natsu stop"
"Gray take care of her." Gray grabbed lucy and held her away from him. Lucy turned around trying to push gray away. Natsu fell limp then seemed to change.
"Gray let me go!"
"Stop it do you want to die." Natsu tackled gray but this wasn't the natsu the two knew.
"Lucy help me!"
"I don't want to hurt him."
"Lucy he is already gone! So help me! Remeber this isn't natsu!" Gray grabbed the stick close to him and hit natsu. He bashed natsu's skull. Natsu stopped fighting. Lucy looked at him.
"Gray I'm sorry."
"Shut up" He grabbed her arm and the two started to walk.
"Gray"
"We need to get off this school property." She nodded.

~~~~~~~~
Fan art not mine.