Chapter 10

okay humans, just a quick note here. I won't be on wattpad, or connected to any service or wifi at all for that matter, for the next week or so. I'm gonna be out in the sticks doing Daryl-esque things as I hunt down my animal. As atonement for leaving for that long, here is your next chapter ahead of schedule. Once again, I am really sorry. Please forgive me.

~Caramel Rage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a week since Jet had been taken away. I was more than happy that he was gone and that I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore, but I still felt guilty.

I shook off the unpleasant feelings and tied on my apron. My small lunch break had just ended and Zuko and I were returning from some small restaurant a few streets down. Zuko was, well, Zuko. He seemed to be in an even worse mood today than usual. I decided to confront him about it later once we were home.

I took the teapot Iroh had setting on the stove and walked out into the crowded dining area. Iroh had made such a change here; from maybe ten customers a day to more than thirty an hour. I saw Iroh standing next to the officers who had helped arrest Jet and decided to go investigate.

"So you're the genius behind this incredible brew. The whole city is buzzing about you. I hope Pao pays you well." The officer complimented. Pao paid us enough to live, but it wasn't as much as we would have liked.

"Good tea is its own reward." Iroh smiled in return and greeted me as I joined them.

"But it doesn't have to be the only reward." The officer smiled. "How would you like to have your own tea shop?" I felt a stunned look creep across my face, which mirrored Irohs.

"My own tea shop? This is a dream come true!" He couldn't keep the excitement from his face.

"That would be amazing!" I began. "We could name it and-"

"What's going on here? Are you trying to poach my tea maker?" Pao scampered over to join our conversation.

"Sorry Pao, that's business for you, am I right?" The officer shrugged.

Pao looked desperate. We had brought him such good business in our short time, nothing he's want to lose. "Mushie, if you stay, I will make you Assistant Manager. Wait, Senior Assistant manager."

"I'll provide you with a new apartment in the upper ring. The Tea shop is yours to do whatever you want. Complete creative freedom." The officer offered. This was too good to pass up.

"I even get to name the shop?" Iroh clarified. He and I had often joked and debated what we would call such a place.

"Of course!" I was almost as excited as Iroh: I mean the tea shop would be cool and all but the apartment, that is what I was in for. No more cruddy furniture, no more pest and rodents, maybe a bed!

"Uh, Senior Executive Assistant Manager?" Pao gave his final attempt.

Iroh and I looked each other in the eye before both nodding in agreement. He handed the teapot to Pao and I took off my apron, draping it over the owner's shoulder before bowing respectfully.

"Did you hear nephew?" Iroh turned to see Zuko serving tea behind us. "This man wants to give us our own tea shop in the upper ring of the city."

"That's right young man. Your life is about to change for the better." The officer smiled.

"I'll try to contain my joy." Zuko said gravely before stalking outside. I frowned at his mood, which brought mine right down with it, but I put a quick smile in my face.