Chapter 15

When I came to, I found myself standing in the same position as before. Katara and Zuko both stood infringement of me with worried expressions, forgetting their fight earlier.

"Maddy! Are you alright? Say something!" Katara shouted in my face.

"Why the hell are you yelling?" I looked at her quizzically. A heavy sigh escaped both hers and Zuko's mouths as they realized I was alright. A smile lit my face as I remembered by little adventure to the spirit world. "And... My name isn't Maddy." My smile widened as I said it.

"What do you mean?" Zuko asked, reaching out to touch my side, but then retracting his arm in shame.

"I'm not-" before I could even form the next word, a large crash came from behind me. Zuko pushed me behind him in defense, and got ready to fight who or whatever it was that was coming.

"Aang!" I suddenly heard Katara shout in delight. I turned suddenly to see the little bald monk being embraced warmly by the water bender. Zuko left my side and gave a similar hug to his Uncle, all the while glaring at Aang. The monk and Katara let go of one another and he stayed staring warily at Zuko.

"Aang, I knew you would come." Katara praised.

"Uncle, I don't understand. What are you doing with the Avatar!!" Zuko asked his uncle, clearly upset.

"Saving you, that's what." Aang looked like a dog ready to fight, as did Zuko. They lunged at one another but Iroh barely held Zuko back.

"Wait!" All eyes turned to me. "Please don't fight. Let's just get out of here while we can.

Aang had finally seen me.

"M-Maddy?" He stuttered, falling back a step.

"Actually, I think it's Milu now." I smiled at him hopefully.

"But you... You can't- that can't be your name. That's the name of..."

"Ya. It's me. I think. That's what Roku told me anyway."

"You talked to Roku?" His eyes widened in shock.

"Ya. Just now." I grinned. "Apparently all this time I should have been with you! We were supposed to take on the world together once Katara and Sokka found you. And-"

"Well isn't that sweet," A voice came from behind us. I groaned in annoyance as I turned to face her.

"Not you again. Don't you have someone else to annoy?" I raised my hands ready to fight.

"Why bother? Here I have the Avatar, the banished prince, a traitor, and whatever you are. I couldn't miss out on that." Her eyes remained vigilant and her minions appeared around us

"Oh you could. You really, really could and should before you get your ass handed to you." I went into a proper bending stance, one of many I had very recently acquired. She did the same. "You guys go, I'll hold her off." I looked at the four faces behind me.

"I'm not leaving you. Not now and not ever again." Aang copied my stance and Katara pulled some water from the pool to her side. Iroh stood beside me ready to fight while Zuko just stood there looking conflicted.

"I expected this kind of treachery from Uncle, but Zuko, Prince Zuko...you're a lot of things, but you're not a traitor, are you?" Azula asked, seemingly genuine. But I knew better and I hoped Zuko did too.

"You are not the man you used to be, Zuko. You are stronger and wiser and freer than you have ever been. And now you have come to the crossroads of your destiny. It's time for you to choose. It's time for you to choose good!" Iroh spoke equally as persuasive as Azuka, but with more integrity and honesty that his niece had had her whole life.