Chapter 12

I rushed through the the front door, bucket of water in hand, as I hurried to Iroh side hoping Zuko was okay. I kneeled by Zuko's still unconscious body as he fought whatever battle waged in his head.
"He's burning up. He has an intense fever." Iroh explained, placing a wet rag over Zuko's perspirating forehead. "This will help cool him down." Zuko then opened his eyes feebly.
"So thirsty." He managed to speak, but as he tried to sit up both Iroh and I pushed him back down. I handed the bucket I had just filled to Iroh and he filled a ladle with the clear liquid.
"Here's some clean water to drink." I help Zuko sit up slightly as he tried to take the sheets off of his swearing body but Iroh stopped him. "Stay under the blankets, and sweat this out." He advised.
Zuko then took the full ladle from his uncle and downed it completely. Still not satisfied he grabbed the bucket I had just brought and outed it down his throat, splashing some on himself at well, before throwing it at the wall and breaking into a coughing fit. He then laid his head down on my lap and fell into a fitful sleep.
I looked to Iroh with pleading eyes, hoping for some words of encouragement. Praying he had good news that would ensure my spirits that Zuko would come out of this okay and the same Zuko I loved. But my hopes were dashed when Iroh only sighed and walked out of the room, leaving me to tend to Zuko's sick form.

Zuko's POV:
I sat on the throne that had once been in my reach. The fire before me blazed with the golden power I felt as I stared at the rows of soldiers before me. Part of me knew this wasn't real but part of me wishes it was. The side that wished also knew that in this place I was as I should be. I had my honor, my throne, and my face. To my left and right, a blue and a red dragon slithers down the poles to speak to me. I know one is good while the other wishes to ruin me, but I don't know which is which.
The blue dragon speaks first. "It's getting late. Are you planning to retire soon, my Lord?" I know that voice, it belongs to my sister.
"I'm not tired." I tell it plainly.
"Relax, Fire Lord Zuko. Just let go, give into it. Shut your eyes for awhile." It coaxes me.
The other dragon the speaks. "No, Fire Lord Zuko! Do not listen to the Blue Dragon. You should get out of here right now. Go! Before it's too late!" My uncle's voice insists. Both dragons are poised to either side of me.
"Sleep now, Fire Lord Zuko." The blue urges softly. Suddenly the dragons disappear and the throne room disappears into darkness. The pillars crumble around me and I am thrown into the darkness that surrounds me.
Two golden eyes appear before me and the blue dragon reappears.
"Sleep," it's voice starts to rise alarmingly. "just Like MOTHER!!" She shouted before attacking. The darkness is then complete and a figure shows itself. The person drops the hood covering her face and I recognize the person immediately, it's my mother.
"Zuko, help me!" She calls, but I can't move to save her. Another figure shows itself again wearing a hood. The person walks forward drawing closer to me slowly.
"Zuukoo." A woman's voice carries and echoes in the halls. "Zuukoo." She is now only a foot away but I still can't move, but I can see under the hood. Knowing her cover is blown she removes her hood from her head, revealing the face I have grown to love.
Maddy stands before me staring at me intently before finally speaking.
"Why didn't you save me Zuko?" She asked simply, showing no emotion at all. I tried to speak, but no noise came out.
"Why did you let me die? Why do you always hurt me?" Her eyes remained blank as she stared right through me as if I wasn't even there.
"I'm sorry I hurt you!" I cried out, suddenly finding my voice. "I didn't mean to I swear."
"But you did. You lied to me Zuko. why did you lie to me?" When did I lie to her?
"You keep me away from my friends. From my family. I loved them more than I ever loved you. You hurt me. At least the Avatar would never hurt me. I should have been with him, not you."
"No. Stop. You don't mean that. You-"
"He wouldn't hurt me Zuko. He wouldn't always be angry with me."
"I'm not angry with you. It's just who I am."
"He wouldn't burn me." She whispered as fire erupted around her. She screamed in agonizing pain as the darkness once again became present, but her screams were still echoing through the void.
Why did I lie to her?
Why did I always hurt her?
I was I always so mean?
So angry?
I needed to change.
For her

A/N:
Okay, I'm sorry this is kinda short but I am drowning in homework and trying to fix the next chapter to make it perfect for y'all. Comment and tell me what you think! Thank you all so much for reading!
~Caramel Rage