Mind Control 3

MIND CONTROL 3

Continued a week after Story Two...

Tired. So very tired. I yawned as I stepped out of the school building. That study was horribly boring and it lasted so long. I didn't want to attend but sadly teachers are the voices of tyranny and can force one to do whatever pleased them. So I had to teach several losers –I mean struggling students –some math and sciences. My day was basically robbed from me, absolutely free.

I passed a few blocks of a busy street before stopping to gaze at a large shining billboard. You know, one of those boards filled with flashy electronic lights and hypnotic messages that tricked poor saps into wasting money on their useless products. Well the billboard I stared at was flashy but the message it displayed read, "your uncle."

Coincidence? I think not. I frantically dug into my pockets until realizing I forgot my cellphone today. If Uncle was home, he'd be angry because I didn't say anything about a late evening study party. Goodbye allowance, it was nice knowing you! My current cash would not hold me over long enough for my summer job to kick in.

Just then, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I spun but saw nothing.

"What." I yawned. "Must be exhaustion." I pushed forward, weary of this eight o clock air, eager to settle down, and watch some Unsolved Mysteries. Then, I felt another tap on my shoulder but still, saw no one. That was definitely a human finger that tapped me not once but twice... I couldn't be going crazy. Or haunted. Right? Someone laughed. I looked around but not a soul could be found except the few people that strolled yards away on the other side of the street. Or the people that drove by, some smirking at me, flipping birds, you know the usual douchebag things. No one existed on my side of the street.

I sprinted for home but then the phenomenon got worse. I felt pokes from the back of my neck to my arms and legs. I stopped, sweat dripping from my hair, eyes darting left to right in a paranoid rage. Something grabbed my butt.

"What the hell!?" I snarled as I sprinted for a bus stop ahead. I could see the bus from afar, heading in this direction. Home free. So, home free. That's what I thought but someone or something hugged me from behind. I froze, freaked, so, so freaked, afraid to turn around, silently cursing my teachers.

Oddly enough, whatever it was felt warm and soft. I did not want to turn around. It may be time to start believing in ghosts. This thing was after me and I just stood. Then laughter. Oddly familiar laughter.

"This was the greatest laugh ever."

That voice. I turned around but no one was there.

"I think I'll need a trip to the asylum," I said softly.

The familiar laughter returned again in response to my comment. I leapt backward, falling on my butt, scared stiff, debating if I was sane, dreaming, or none of the above. Then as if she blinked into existence, Gemini appeared in front of me, a grin on her face. I silently debated how to react to this and came up flat. I took a deep breath and let it out. "Gemini, answer me honestly. Do you think I'm going insane? Have I shown any signs of mental instability?"

She laughed hard, kneeling down, and throwing herself on me. "What in blazes-hell are you laughing about? I'm being serious here." Her laughter retracted to a snicker but I could tell she strained to keep it under control.

"Matt, you're not insane," Gemini said as she reached into her pocket and pulled out something. "See." She revealed a black diamond ring. I didn't like where this was going. I'm not talking about a proposal. No, this is Gemini. A weird object in her hands could only lead down to one path.