Chapter 10

//Third Person (both)

They both arrived at the cafeteria. Tyler went to get a school lunch while Josh had already done so. Josh was sitting at a table with a few friends that Tyler didn't recognize from any classes... Except the really loud boy who had blurted out the wrong answer in math.

Josh had a lot of gay/lesbian friends. Most of them in relationships with one another. There was Brendon and Dallon, Patrick and Pete, Frank and Gerard, and also Joe and Andy. He had some friends who were obviously lesbians but no one ever said anything about it.

They were all talking and Josh signaled the small boy over to the table that they've claimed since the 7th grade.

Josh introduced Tyler.
"Everyone this is Tyler. Tyler, this is Brendon, Dallon, Pete, Patrick, Gerard, Frank, Joe, Andy, Hayley, Halsey, Jenna, Debby, and that's all," Josh finished.

"Hi," Tyler said in a small voice that Josh found quite adorable. Everyone said "hi" back which made Tyler smile.

//Tyler's POV

When Josh pointed at the boy named Brendon, I noticed that he was the loud kid from math class. Damn was he loud. I could tell who were couples within the group. The couples were holding hands, making googly-eyes at each other.

I was eating my lunch silently next to Josh while he did the same. I assumed he was doing the same as me, listening to some of their conversations. I noticed his foot bump into mine.

I could feel my face getting warm as the blood came up to my cheeks. I was worried someone would notice so I kept my head down. I desperately hoped no one would look my way but soon enough, Joshua Dun looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back, hoping my face had lightened to a lighter pink or went back to my usual skin tone. I could tell it hadn't because he started giggling.

That made my face blush even more red. I went back to eating so I would be finished in time for the bell to ring. I noticed a nudge on my foot. I looked down and Josh was playfully kicking my shoe. I kicked him lightly back.

He was smirking and we were just kicking each other's foot and I was trying to trap his foot under mine. We were both smiling and giggling as the others just chatted away.