Skate to My Heart

Hello everyone! I'm reuploading this story because honestly I think "Skate to my Heart" readers deserve better. I will be uploading a chapter every three days. If you have read the old version please read this version, I seriously believe this is so much better. Please comment and let me know if you like this version better!

>>>>>>

Prologue

"You really don't care about your career, do you?" I folded my arms across my chest as a crisp fall breeze blew past. No man in their right mind would think to go up against my father. Well, no sane man.

He cocked his head to the side as a smug smirk stretched across his annoyingly symmetrical face. "I like to take risks. That's why I'm so good at what I do on and off the ice." His smirk grew as I rolled my eyes for the millionth time since meeting him. His arrogance seeped through his pores as he stuffed his hands inside his pockets.

The wind began to pick up as I pulled Trey's jacket closer to my body, hoping to stop the numbness spreading to my limbs. We were standing outside my house which was currently filled with every player on the Flyers, plus their girlfriends and wives. We had won the first game of the season, which always put my dad in the partying mood. The party was in full swing, music and laughter spilled out into the streets. I needed a moment to escape from the death glares sent my way by the jealous girlfriends or flings. I mentally scolded myself for walking outside without a jacket, especially since I was wearing a short dress.

Don't get me wrong, I loved hanging with the players, but when their girlfriends or flavors of the months were there, it's a different story. Most girls would cling to their man all night long and the guys  never leave their sight.

Trey stepped towards me, like a lion getting ready to pounce. "What are you afraid of, Angel? Are you really that worried about going on one little date with a harmless, handsome, hockey player?"

He was so narcissistic, I wanted to smack that damn smirk off his face. To make matters worse, I hated the nickname Angel.  Taking the first five letters of my name, so original! Many exes have tried to make that nickname work but I've made damn sure to squash it.

I hated the fact that Trey had a point. Sure he's a great player, but I don't think he's THAT great. There was nothing to be afraid of, it's just a date. Plus IF he does get a hat trick, there's no way the guys, or my father, will let him take me out. If he does take me out, I doubt I'd actually enjoy the date. Once the date's over I'd be able to prove to him that we won't work. 

WHEN he doesn't score a hat trick, he'll finally leave me alone, stop hitting on me, and focus on the game. Either way I'll get Trey off my case and that was all I wanted. I bit my lip, contemplating my next move. Was I really about to agree to this?

My inability to turn down a bet was probably one of my biggest flaws. I'm not one to back down from a fight. I think I can blame my upbringing for that.

Before I could talk myself out of it, I stuck out my hand for Trey to shake. "You're on McLaferty! If you get a hat trick during the next game, I'll go out with you for one date and one date only. If you don't, you'll leave me alone and focus on the team." I looked him square in the eye as I said our terms. His large hand shook mine as he chuckled. I could tell he thought he'd won me over, that he was going to get everything he wanted in the end. I would rather date Sidney Crosby then let that happen.

"Great." We stopped shaking hands but he still gripped mine. He pulled on my arm to bring me closer to him. He brought his face down to mine and whispered in my ear, "Don't look so worried Angel, what's the worst that could happen?"

He was taunting me, he knew he was under my skin and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I couldn't stop it but I sure as hell could make sure he knows I'm not going down without a fight.

"Here's a preview of how our date's going to end," I smirked stepping closer to his body. His hand immediately went to my hip, perfect. I leaned my head back letting my most seductive smile spread across my face.

I brought my hand up, cradling his face, like I was going to kiss him. Before he could register my movements I pulled my hand away to connect with his face in one swift motion.

I turned on my heels feeling triumphant as I headed back into my house. I took off his jacket and dropped it on the ground.

"How'd you know I like it rough?!" I heard the smile in his voice. I could stand there arguing all night but I felt a sudden urge to drink large amounts of alcohol.

He won't get a hat trick I tried to reassure myself. It was one in a million, I had nothing to worry about. I repeated this mantra in my head for the rest of the night. Little did I know all the reassuring in the world couldn't prepare me for the next few months with Trey McLaferty.