Chapter 2

New updated chapter 2. Let me know if you think it's better then the last version.

Chapter 2

The summer sun broke through my curtains as my alarm screeched. The dust particles in my room seemed to sparkle when the light hit them just right. I began to stretch out on my bed like a cat to wake my sleeping bones. I stretched my arms, searching to find the off button on my clock. When the awful sound finally stopped, I looked towards the clock telling me it was 6:45am. Our first practice back after the summer break started at 8am. I rubbed my eyes in the hopes that by doing that, I would feel less tired before my workout. I normally tried to get to the practice rink early just so I could skate laps by myself.

But for some reason, this morning the thought of leaving my bed seemed impossible. "Maybe a few more minutes," I said as I rolled over on to my side pulling the covers over my head. Too bad my dad didn't hear me.

"Wakey, wakey! Eggs and Bakey!" Dad came barging in my room with a plate of deliciousness. The sweet smells of chocolate chip pancakes and bacon filtered through my nose instantly making my stomach grumble.

"Sweetie, it's the most wonderful of the year and I know you don't want to be late!" He made his way next to my bed and began shaking my shoulder. "Up, up, up! Let's go!" He prompted.

The thought of getting up still haunted me. I slid down farther into my cave of covers. "Give me a few more minutes," I mumbled into my pillow.

I heard my dad huff, probably coming up with a diabolical plan to try and get me out of bed. This is our normal routine. If you couldn't already tell, I'm not what you call a "morning person". That's what I have my dad for. He's enough of a morning person for the both of us.

On practice days, dad cooks a huge breakfast. We needed all the energy we could get, he says. Some of the players would join us, depending on the nights they had before. Our main conversations would consist of my dad making fun of the guys because I had beaten them racing or making fun of their screw ups in a game. Our team felt more like a family, something not many teams can say.

Ever since I learned how to skate, I would be out on the ice with the boys. It was so much fun racing against them. They would let me win when I was little to make me feel better about myself. But when I got older, I got faster. I started beating them on my own with no special treatment. Once I did, they can never live it down. I have to give them credit though. When I beat them, they congratulated me with a smile.

"Alright Angelica, you leave me no choice," he sighed as he left the room. I huffed with relief over my recent victory. I snuggled deeper into my pillow allowing sleep to cloud my head once again.

Suddenly, I heard pounding feet on my staircase. Before I could get up and react, my door swung open.

Four 250 lbs. hockey players jumped on my bed, a few ended up landing on me. I groaned at the added weight.
Typical, my dad recruited the goons to take on the task of getting me out of bed.

"Wake up, hockey princess! It's our first practice of the season! We need a good ass whipping from our hockey goddess!" I heard Giroux whine. He was such a dork.
He is the captain of our team and plays center forward but sometimes he plays on the wings. He was one of the most genuine and hard working men I know.

My bed kept moving up and down as each player jumped. I was getting slightly annoyed with the adults, excuse me, children's attempt in getting me out of bed. As much as it killed me, it was sort of working.

Provorov, one of our defensemen, tore the covers from over my head while Simmonds, another forward, opened my curtains letting the sun spill in.

"Ah! The light! It burns!" I yelled trying to grab my covers back so I could hide in the darkness.