Chapter 2: Breakdown ✓

~Chapter 2: Breakdown~

Picture of Victoria on Side

As the bell rings, I grab my stuff and get ready to leave the classroom when Nate walks by and pushes my books on the floor.

"Oops, my bad, didn't see where I was going," he said innocently.

This boy... 

I bent down to gather my books when Casey and Josie bend next to me and help. I noticed they had a pretty sympathetic emotion on their face. It was probably because of my little "scene" with Nate. Josie cleared her throught and opened her mouth to say something but I cut her off.

"I know why you guys are worried and I know Nate is going to try his best to kill me-" I was cut off by Casey. 

"No doubt about that!" she mumbled as she forced a smile. Truly, they just met me TODAY and they're already acting like they've known me for years. Some people find this sweet, and it is, but I'm not really the type of person that likes it. 

Flashbacks from the past that are slowly creeping up from the allies of Memory Lane.  I shake them off

No, not today. I won't let my past get ahead of me again.

Casey noticed how lost in thought I was. "You were saying...?" she inquired.

"Oh, um, right. As I was saying... I won't let him get to me. If he wants to bitch about me and try to ruin me... well, he can try all he wants," I respond calmly, barely keeping my temper and hatred for Nate out of the limelight. All I got in response was a shocked face from Casey and a nervous face from Josie.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing? After all, you are new..." Josie stares.

"Yes. Yes, I am quite sure of my actions!" I respond slightly louder than what I expected it to sound like. I guess they got the hint that I was angry and backed off. I let out a long, guilty sigh and apologise. They just give me a reassuring nod and help me up. 

Temper, temper.

*** *** *** ***

"Well, the food served here is more in variety than what I expected," I grin.

"Is that good or bad?" responded a very confused Tom. I laugh at this which confuses him more.

"Good," I smile. He then proceeds to chuckle. From the corner of my eye I notice a bit of a jealous Casey. I think she might like him. I give her a "Do you like him?" stare which she blushes and slowly nods at.

Aww... This kind of makes me wish I had a boyfriend.