Chapter Four: Teasing Lucy~!

"Can I come inside?"

She stared at me for a moment before she replied. "O-Oh, yeah, of course! P-please come in!"

I walked inside, turning to close the door behind me. When I turned around, Lucy wasn't in the hallway anymore, so I walked further inside and found her sitting awkwardly on her couch. I attempted to ease the mood by making a small joke.

"At least I didn't break in like we normally do."

She giggled and smiled, filling me with relief. "Yeah, that's true. You guys really need to stop doing that, though. The landlady keeps complaining to me about how my apartment keeps getting invaded."

"I guess we could stand to use the door more often..."

She gave me a questioning look. "You mean you don't normally break in using the door?"

I grinned sheepishly again, scratching the back of my head. "Uhhh...well, we actually use your window, more often than not-"

"Gray!"

I held up my hands as if it would help my situation (it probably wouldn't, she kicks more than she hits). "I know, I know!" I dropped my hands back to my sides and sat next to her on the couch, but as soon as I did that, she started squirming uncomfortably. I started to just cut to the chase. "So, Lucy, can we talk?"

She avoided looking at me, but nodded slightly. "A-About what?"

"Well, I just wanna know why you've been acting so weird lately."

She groaned and flopped to her side, her head landing on a pillow that laid against the arm of the couch. One of her arms was across her face, covering her eyes.

"Lucy, are you feeling alright? Are you sick or-?"

"No! No, I'm not sick, Gray, it's just...it's a bit hard to explain without making it awkward," she finished, biting her bottom lip nervously (which caught my immediate attention---is that supposed to be as attractive as I thought it was?).

"What do you mean? Is this about this fetish-thing you have?"

She quickly sat up and stared at me in horror. "Who told you that?!"

"Uh...Levy?"

She groaned again and flopped back down, muttering under breath. "Sadly, yes. So I'm guessing you already know that I have a strange ice fetish?"

I blanched, staring at her. When I didn't answer, she chanced a glance at me and groaned again, covering her face with her hands. "Was that a no? Please tell me I didn't just tell you that myself. If I did, just kill me now."

I continued staring at her, a blush creeping to my face. "Uh...she, um, never got to tell me that part. Erza kinda dragged her away before she could..."

"Well at least Erza was somewhat helpful. I'll have to thank her later."

We sat in silence for a few minutes before I smirked, looking at her from the corners of my eyes. "An ice fetish, huh? I didn't even know that was a thing." I grinned wider when I saw her squirm, eyeing the flush that climbed from the top of her chest to her neck and face-even the tip of her ears.

"Don't push it, Gra-eeep!" She squeaked at the feeling of ice on her collarbone, shivering as it slid down and began to melt. When it slipped under the top of her shirt, she moaned lightly, her breathing escalating. I chuckled and trailed my fingers up her legs, leaving an icy trail where I touched. She wheezed, biting her lip again after saying my name so quietly I almost couldn't hear it.

"That's kinda hot, actually," I murmured, licking my lips and eyeing the wet trail the ice cube had left on her chest. I crawled over her slowly and lowered my head above her chest, chancing one more glance at her scrunched up face before licking at the watery trail. She gasped, her hands suddenly appearing and gripping the hair at the back of my head.

"G-Gray, what-" she licked her lips before continuing, "-what are you doing?"

I moved up further until my breath fanned her ear, her arms sliding down to clutch my arms. I nibbled and sucked her ear lobe before answering.

"What I should have done a long time ago," I breathed against her wet ear.

And with that, I finally (finally!) placed my lips upon her own.