Chapter Two: Finding Lucy!!

Gray's POV

You know that feeling you get when you're feeling really confident in what you're doing, only to be hit by a wave of doubt and insecurity?

Psssht, what kind of a stupid question is that, of course you have!

But I can guarantee you (or maybe not lol) that it hasn't happened so many times in one day, like me. Which would be....what, 27 and counting? Yeah, that sounds about right.

For the past half hour, I've been walking to Lucy's house, and I've seriously just stopped walking and stood in the middle of the road, looking like an idiot, while wondering whether I should reconsider going to check on Lucy-27 times.

Yeah.

Honestly, I don't think I normally would have done this sort of thing. I mean, if something like what happened with Lucy had happened to anyone else, I would have just left them alone to figure out their problem in their own. But Lucy...she's different. And while I may admit that I might have feelings toward the celestial mage, I can also say that it's been a while since I've been interested in a girl, so I'm pretty clueless as to what I should do to help her. But I'd do it anyway, because she was always there for me when I needed someone. She was such a kind and beautiful young woman, as well as feisty, sly and demanding. And she also happened to end up practically naked after fights, which kind of eases me. I'm not the only stripper in the guild, haha. Though I guess it happens to her on accident...oh well. It's certainly a sight to behold, so I won't complain---

"Oh! Hello, Gray!"

I looked towards the voice and saw Levy, who was coming from the direction of Lucy's apartment. I nodded in acknowledgment. "Sup', Levy. Did you just come from Lucy's?"

"Yeah. She isn't home yet, though...I wonder why, since she left a good bit before you did. Or so Gajeel told me, anyway."

"That is strange," I said, thoughtfully. I couldn't help but wonder how she hasn't arrived home already. But then I remembered that I was talking to Levy, Lucy's best female friend. Maybe I can get some answers out of her. "Hey, do you happen to know why Lucy is acting so strangely?"

She looked at me, seemingly confused by my question. "Huh? What do you mean?"

"Haven't you noticed how she seems so panicked lately? Especially when I'm around?"

"When you're around? Who told you that?"

I scratched my neck anxiously. "Uhh...um, C-Cana did?"

She scrunched up her face in thought, and nodded. "I do remember Cana telling a few of us girls about Lucy's behavior recently...and...now that you mention it, she did say something about Lucy having some sort of fetish for---mphf!"

I jumped at the sight of Erza behind Levy, who seemed even more confused about what was going on.

"E-Erza?! Weren't you just at the guild?" I gazed at her, and realized that she seemed kind of winded, almost as if she had sprinted all the way over by Lucy's apartment. She kept her hand firmly over Levy's mouth, avoiding getting chomped on by the annoyed script mage. Small movement behind the two girls caught my eye, and I saw a head of blonde hair head towards the entrance of the apartment complex in the distance. Then I saw a head of pink hair suddenly pop out of nowhere and start dragging her away from the place. She seemed upset and stressed, and I would have helped if she weren't smiling at the damn flame-brain. I sighed, acting like I hadn't just seen Lucy and Natsu walk off (for some reason this bothered me), and walked around them, and was stopped by Erza's hand, which firmly held me in place as I attempted to pass them.

"And where do you think you're going?" Erza asked.

Alright, gotta think fast! What places are around here...oh yeah! "Jeez, Erza, I was just going to the ice cream parlor down the street."

"Gray."

"What?"

She pointed behind me. "The ice cream parlor is that way."

I froze for a moment, then sighed heavily. "Oh."