The Lady, Knight and Tower

Over the next few days I had spoken more with everyone and learned more of what they liked and disliked, I learned more the history of the North and better understood its people. I had learned many things over these short days, I became friends with all the Stark children. I climbed secretly with Bran and used sticks as swords with Arya and spoke in private to Sansa who loved nothing more than to talk about all the sirs and knights.

I trained more with Jon and Rob, I even taught them a few times. I was trained by my Uncle after all. I spent time reading and sewing but I always made room for adventures, like for today I would climb with Brandon on one of the older towers.

I stepped through the courtyard, mud squished beneath my boots, I had dressed in my favorite outfit to climb in. Turning around a corner I spotted my Father and Lord Stark a horse with Rob and my brother, my Uncle Tyrion was there as well but not my other one.

I ruffled up my brows, weird, because Uncle Jamie is part of the Kingsguard and should be at the King's side. At my Father's side. I stepped out of the dark and into the other side of the courtyard, and you thought the Red Keep had a lot of courtyards, Winterfell had more than they did buildings.

My Father noticed my presence and turned his horse to me, I stopped in front of of him and craned my neck to his height as he sat on his mount, his voice boomed through the yard," Going somewhere Taywin?"

I had to fake a lie, if everyone knew I climbed buildings....I would never hear the end of it, my mother would kill me." I plan to do some archery, if that is alright with you?"

He seemed to think over my answer but I could tell the fighting in his mind, he had started early on the ale and wine this morning," If is alright with your Mother."

I nodded, my Mother didn't know and she didn't need to know," I already checked with her and she said it was alright but only if I returned in time for supper." I felt eyes on me and glance over at Rob, he had seen through my lie...

My Father mumbled," Go a head then but I never see why you bother with arrows, much like your sissy brother."

I gave him a stern look, at times I hated him. Always an asshole or a dick," The bow is faster than a crossbow and gut's a pig faster than you could line up your spear." My voice was soft but anyone could hear the venom lashing out.

He gave me a look as if I were my Mother, which I was but with a sharper tongue and younger," You've that damned forked tongue like my loving wife." His face became more serious," And you give that smug satisfied smile like your uncle, Jamie Lannister."

I stood there unaffected, my brows concentrated like my Mother but still that certain grin, I was exactly like both of them," Then it would seem your seed wasn't strong, I've never been like you. I'm glad that I'm not, honestly I don't drink or whore." He reached down from his horse and backhanded me.

His voice rose with every passing word."Never speak again like that, I am your Father!"

I turned my face back to him, my cheek stung. He hadn't struck my to hard but still for a man that drank and whored he was strong, I gathered my courage and straightened my back," I shall wear it as a badge of honor."

His deep blue eyes became cross," If you continue with your damned mouth then I will honor you again."

I gave him a continuous glare," Go on, hit me but I never did say that I wouldn't fight back. Or unless you think there is no honor in striking a woman twice, much less if she snaps your wrist." My eyes glinted with the sun, I was a lioness. I might be the child of a stag but I was Cersei all over again.

He looked around to his men who wouldn't even met his eyes, they were ashamed of their King for striking a lady, even if she had a smart mouth and disrespected her Father, he gave me one last look. The same stare he gives my Mother when she had won the argument. He then pulled the reins of his horse and went off.

I kept my eye on him as he rode away. I sighed and then turned to were I was going, my cheek was still red from the back of his hand. If my Mother saw it then she would have him strangled in his sleep for it wasn't a mark to blame on arrow fletchings.

I shoved the thought away as the old tower came into view and was startled by Bran who had appeared in the air, no doubt he climbed a tree," Ready to watch me climb!" He was full of excitement and bounced on his heels.

I laughed at him," Yes my young brave knight." I held my hand out to him and made my dimples deepen," Will you escort me to the tower?"

He grinned and took my hand and lead me over to Summer his direwolf. I always liked the direwolves and liked me back for the most part. I really loved Jon's. Ghost, the runt but the most enduring of his siblings. I was even starting to like Jon...I felt my cheeks turn a light blush.

Jon was sweet and kind but serious. He would be dedicated to his love and would never strike her. He was strong and everything a girl my age could hope for. It was his dark eyes that drew me in, almost raven like. It was like he knew what I was thinking. I will say, he is my friend.

I looked up see Bran already halfway up and near the fallen out wall. I winced and flinched a few times when he slipped but ha always clambered back up and never lost his balance, never fell down. Not once.

He was near the top but stopped at the fallen in wall. He then started to climb down hastily whereas I was growing concerned. I yelled his name. He just held himself there before he fell back wards, I couldn't contain it anymore.

My throat became dry as I screamed, my voice hoarse," Bran!" His body fell down from the tower, I stood underneath him and caught him as best as I could but my heel slipped and I fell back.

I saw his flailing body come closer, I jumped up and ran underneath him. His small body fell on mine, I thought for a minute that had heard a crack but I turned myself around and held his small frame.

Tears slipped and fell from my face as I tried to wake him, I stopped for a second. The horror clear on my creamy skin that has turned a sickly white. He could be dead. I placed my ear to his chest and started to cry harder. My tears were not of sorrow but relief.

He was alive but barely. I had saved his life but at what cost.