The Game I Shall Play

It was the time between when my Mother had found out and getting to Kingslanding was the most boring part of the trip, I was forced to ride yet again in the carriage the whole way home. I had to deal with my Mother the whole time too, I love her but I don't like her at the moment. I bet that's how most children feel about their parents.

One  of the worst parts was having to see Alvor's smug smile everyday the whole time. Alvor followed me everywhere but always kept a wary eye to other travelers on the road and never let one twig snap go past his sharp hearing.

Alvor had a way with the wilderness and a wild stare that was animal like, at time he seemed to stare off into the forests without a sideways glance and his ears pricked up at the smallest noise. I didn't think I would have to worry about dying with Alvor around or the fact of injury.

But it was over the weeks did I truly wish that I had a friend to talk to, Sansa and Arya weren't even glancing at me and Shanna,; well lets say she's like a feral tiger, never turning her back on the prey. I was left with my lonesome the whole ride back home. But was it home, or a place were I was kept from the world.

***

I sat alone from  my family as they ate, insisting that I wish to be left alone, but it was Alvor that never listened as I saw his tall figure looming over mine. I looked up from the table in which I was given and gave him a unemotional stare, but a rather coldness about it," Yes, my guard?"

Alvor didn't seemed affected by my rudeness," I've suffered worse insults from even worse characters." Alvor then became sincere,"Have I upset you, my princess?"

My voice bit out like a claw on flesh," Don't pretend that you didn't plan this."

His eyes flashed with amusement," Do you think I wanted to follow a princess, no. Not that way anyway."

I stopped eating at his remark and laid back in the chair I was setting on," What is that supposed to mean?"

Alvor relaxed and sipped the wine cup I had left unattended, a sly smile found itself on his lips," I will not play coy with you. I follow you because I want the coin, not your favor, even though I do enjoy your company. Do you enjoy my company, Taywin?" I nodded and he continued," But I was hoping to enjoy you company elsewhere even more as a more deserving reward for my effort to keep you from all harm, but one of which I speak."

I toyed with him, even though I really didn't want to know what Alvor had imagined as for fun," And where would you enjoy my company the most, Alvor?"

Alvor stood up and walked to my side where I was forced to crane my neck up to his height and met his darkened blue eyes. He placed a hand on my shoulder and curled one strand of my golden locks before bending down to whisper in my ear," I prefer the company of women but I prefer it in the bedroom. I even love women more when they keep their mouth shut; fine and stupid. None of which are you sadly. . .but who knows?" 

I had nothing to say to him, he had openly suggested that he would rather sleep with me for payment. As attractive as he was but he was my guard and I don't think I would want that with him. Much less that could sentence him to death, and I would probably have to become a Silent Sister or something worse.

But then I was taken from my thoughts as Alvor continued," Sooner or later my little lioness, someone will pay more and what you do that day is your choice, not mine. But keep that in mind should that day come."

I was paralyzed to my seat as he moved away, I knew the nature of sellswords but I didn't believe I'd have to suffer his slander. He left my side as my stomach churned with uneasiness but also excitement at his touch; his words. I felt a smile curl at the corner of my lip but it quickly disappeared when I met my Mother's stare. Her green eyes were fixating a whole in mine; ever so deadly a lioness to protect her cubs, but I'm not a cub anymore.