Understanding a Lannister

I stepped out of my room and sighed, I would go see Brandon even though he hadn't woke up still. Poor boy would never walk again but I had saved his life at least. He may never walk again and think his life dreary but I hope that he would keep me well in his mind and heart, without me Bran surely would have died.

As I walked through Winterfell eyes went from their work to glare at me, yes I am a Lannister but I was the Lannister that saved Brandon Stark's life but some people couldn't understand it. I held my head up in pride as I walked to Bran's father, Lord Stark. He had been in the Godswood for the past day in mourning but he understood his duty and my Father would be leaving soon.

Some people would say that a southerner has no right entering the Godswood but someone who meant the truth and to give their apology should be welcomed anywhere. When I went through the gate and into the woods to the one tree that all northerners feared and respected.

As I came closer to the tree the dark green gave way to the deep red, blood red of the leaves. The tree was massive and white. A face was one side, a face that sent chills down my spine as it cried the red oozing liquid that resembled blood so much. It had done that since Bran fell.

Bran's father noticed me and stood up at my approaching figure, he bowed," My Queen."

I laughed and stepped closer to him, he seemed taken back that it wasn't my Mother," Hopefully you meant it well to call me my Mother."

His face became grim again, he was the most solemn person I ever met. He though of his honor well and held it high, it would kill him sooner or later." I meant no offense, I thought it was your Mother, my princess."

I stood taller than him but just at eye level," I came to beg for your forgiveness in your son's accident. I feel as to the one to blame so I thought it better to confront you. After all you are my host and I the guest in your home. To me it feels just to do so."

He nodded," Your apology is accepted Lady Taywin, I know that you meant no harm on my house." The bitterness cut through like a knife, he hates me. He hates my Mother and every Lannister and to think my Father wants to join the two houses with a marriage. It would have to be my brother and thank the Gods for that. I didn't think I'd survive a marriage with a Stark and Sansa was all to willing to marry Joffrey.

I think I'd fall over dead if Stoneface actually smiled for once, always like his father. Dour and grim and silent as the grave. The boy would never have happiness, not even for a while with his hasty decisions.

I stifled a smile," Thank you Lord Stark, I will sleep better knowing that I have your forgiveness. I did not mean for your son to fall, I know now that I should have stopped him." I then touched the old tree, it was cold and just as unforgiving as Lord Stark," Should your son pass on we should feel grateful that he died in the North, he is of the North after all."

I let my hand fall and gazed into Lord Stark's unemotional ones," Whatever you chose Lord Stark, South or North just remember-Not all of use are bad. Sure, our houses do not suit well but that never meant that effort couldn't be put forward to balance the hate. I for one do not want to witness a war or two great houses fall because of one difference."

His eyes softened and the clouds of hatred parted," Your namesake is truer than ever and more just than any other. You are the second Tywin, a man I do respect and I do will to keep memory of, and now Princess Taywin, you have my respect. I will honor your wisdom."

I smiled and bid him goodbye," Wherever your fare."

That night I went to Brandon's room and knocked on the door, a stifled voice came from behind it," Come in." When I stepped in I saw lady Stark, she was disheveled and her hair undone. She was working on an idol made of straw. No doubt to the new Gods, my Gods that I never really have much to do with. She stood and straightened her gown," My lady, I did not think you would come. Forgive my current state."