True Religion (Part Three)

August 31st 2015

She didn't show up for World Religions.

She hadn't been to school since then, and I was starting to worry. So when I arrived at her cousin's apartment that night I was surprised to see someone who looked the complete opposite of Karson.

He was a large man with too white skin.He smelled like sweat and Budweiser and he made my skin crawl.

"I'm looking for Karson Waasi."

"Who's lookin?"

"Avery...Wright"

He just nodded and pointed to the window, where Karson was smoking on the fire escape. She was dressed in all black and her hair was pulled into a haphazard ponytail.

But the way she smoked, it was an art.

Round pink lips parted slightly as the white smoke drifted into the atmosphere. She seemed so present in that moment, like she was everything and that everything, was all I needed.

"You didn't show up for class."

She didn't move at my voice.

"And I wanted to make sure you're alright."

She just turned her head, her green eyes searching my soul.

"It's not like you'd want me."

"Karson,I want you like I want air."

"So why push me away."

"Because it's illegal."

"Just because some love is illegal doesn't mean that the love isn't valid."

She looked at me with such desire and timidness that it overwhelmed me. I surged forward and connected our lips.

"Fuck the law then."

She smiled and then I knew that I could spend the rest of my days worshiping her.