Trees | Stydia One Shot

(A/N: If you're a Stalia shipper I highly suggest you don't read this. There's a lot of suggestive and problematic comments pertaining to Malia's character and the show itself, but it's all fiction. Anyway, I hope you guys like this, I wrote it awhile ago when season 4 was playing, so it's not my best.)
(2019 a/n: this is literally the best one in here idk wtf past me is talking about.)

Lydia's POV

I looked out the window of Stiles' ridiculous blue jeep, seeing the dust the wheels were making on the dirt road. When you lived somewhere like beacon hills, country roads and empty fields were all you got. My thoughts wondered to what would happen next as the trees traveled past my eyes in a rush. Only a glimpse of them all, and then you blinked and they were gone. They reminded me of people. When you were a banshee you would get one glimpse of a person, but then you blink, and they were gone. And you have to live with the fact that you couldn't save them. It made me think of not only people, but Allison. All the time I had with her was a glimpse, and then I blinked... And she was gone. I sighed, taking my attention away from the trees. But in reality, I never could take my attention away from what my life was now. At times, I thought back to when Jackson was still here. How I was popular and my biggest problem was what I wore, when I was known as a bitch and about when Stiles still had a crush on me. But times have changed. Jackson's gone, and I'm no longer popular, and biggest problem these days are who died when. Though, I'm no longer known as the ditzy barbie looking bitch. I feel like Jackson leaving was for the best, he was my first love but I knew in my heart we weren't forever. There was someone made for me in this world, and it wasn't Jackson. And as for that crush Stiles had on me, it was non existent, or at least that's what it looked like. He's fallen for Malia, and I hated her. Yes, I realize it would be really hard to be a human after being a coyote for like what... 9 years? But bitch, you don't leave people for dead, that's all I'm saying. I had no idea what Stiles saw in her. I glared at her sitting in the front seat.

Stiles POV

"I would never leave you..." Malia trailed off. I smiled, taking my eyes off the road to glance at her. "Stiles!" She gasped. I swerved, whipping my head back to the road. Everyone calmed down quickly considering this has happened like, 4 times. I'm surprised I haven't gotten a ticket yet to be honest. I looked in the mirror, seeing Lydia look out the window. She looked lost in thought, I wish I could read her mind right now. "So Stiles, when are we getting home?" Malia asked.

"Uhhh..." I noticed Lydia's jaw clench when Malia talked. "A few more hours."

"Great." She smiled, glancing at me.

"Yeah, great. If I drove a truck and talked to people through a radio." Lydia scoffed.

"So I'm guessing you don't like road trips?" Malia rolled her eyes, annoyed.

"No, considering the last one I went on, numerous people died and my best friends almost killed themselves." Lydia threw her a fake smile, referring to the motel incident. Malia hushed up after that comment. I didn't understand why they insisted on having a feud. What was it over? What would Lydia have against Malia? My mind wondered.

"I'm bored." Malia said looking at me.

"Well I have been, Miss 'I love road trips'. Suck it up, you've been a coyote for 9 years, you can wait 2 hours."

"Lydia." I said angrily, she had no right to say anything about that. "Look redhead, I've-"

"It's actually strawberry blonde." I interrupt, almost like I was on autopilot. Lydia smirked, leaning back in her seat as Malia scowled at me. Looks like I have scratch marks to look forward to.