It's not a game

I spent the following week studying and sleeping. I hadn't gone back to the Ancient time at all and tried to be the most well behaved step daughter I could be so that I wouldn't be grounded anymore.

It worked out to extent, because I was still grounded but with a bit more freedom. I could invite friends over and go out more but I still had the same period of time and a curfew.

It was finally the weekend though, and I had finished most of my homework due the following week, done my chores and ate dinner when I received a call from Amelia.

"Hello Alice, is it time to go down the rabbit hole?"

"Are you aware of how creepy this sounds right now?"

There was a silence for a few seconds before I heard Amelia's voice again: "it's only weird if you want it to be weird. Anyway, I have ice cream, cakes and a cutie right next to me."

"It's way past my curfew, I won't be able to go out."

"Oh. I didn't mean going out. I meant open the damn window and let down your freaking hair Rapunzel because me and lover boy are coming up."

I blocked the phone in between my ear and my shoulder and moved to my window, where I could see that Amelia and Callum were waiting. Through the phone, Callum said "I'm not a lover boy" but Amelia shrugged him off.

Throwing the ice cream to me, Amelia grabbed what had once been our secret route out of the house. Holding a tree branch and jumping on another, she landed safely in my room.
"PARKOUR BITCH" she yelled and helped Callum up.

"Mind explaining this?" I asked her as she made herself comfortable in my room while Callum took the seat of my desk.

"I thought it'd be nice to hang out."

"I have things to do."

"Exactly. Let's do those things together"

Callum was awfully quiet and he suddenly spoke out.
"You guys are having the most weird conversation I have ever heard"

"It's only weird if you think it is." We shot back at him and high fived.

But I knew very well why Amelia had brought Callum here tonight. She wanted me to bring him over to the past, she felt like it was a cool thing to do. But the more people I brought back with me, the more chances it had to alter the course of the events.
Moreover, I really didn't want to bring Callum over when General Tatum Marcus was probably freaking out about a war and Cleopatra.

"Not tonight" I said.

"Come on!!" Amelia nagged me. She was starting to take off her shoes and laid down on my bed.

"Amelia. I said not tonight."

"You never have the time to hang out with us anymore. Let's hang out tonight".

I was starting to get annoyed. It always had to be done her way, I couldn't be left alone for awhile without her deciding on what to do.
I was tired, on the verge of mental breakdown with a huge headache and she wanted to bring Callum (who technically didn't need to know anything, might I add) to the past.
She wasn't even supposed to go in the first place and now she thought she could play around with that privilege.

"Here" she said as she threw the necklace over to me.

"Get out."
There was a minute of silence before she understood what I had said.
"Excuse me?"

"I said get out. You obviously don't realize that this is quite an important matter and that you shouldn't play around with it. Most of all, I highly doubt he's got the right to go there as well."

"He deserves to know." She shot back.

"And why? Because we missed 2 days of school accidentally? I didn't ask him to cover up for us, sorry Callum no offense, and most of all you don't get to decide on this."

My little speech left her in utter shock. Amelia's mouth was wide open, I could see in her eyes she was trying to find an answer or a comeback but couldn't find one. Callum was still silent, only the sound of the chair's wheels could be heard as he slowly retreated away from us.

"What is wrong with you?" Amelia asked. Immediately from the tone of her voice, I knew she was mad.

"Nothing. I'm just tired, I had a rough week and I really don't want to deal with this situation right now"

"Why would you get all the fun and we don't?"

"BUT DONT YOU GET IT? IT'S NOT A GAME" I told her. "It's a serious matter. I can't let you play around and decide to change things for no reason."

"We're not changing anything. I'm just saying we should bring him there."

"But what if they remember him? Have you thought of that? What if he causes a problem and it affects everything? Who is to blame? Me! So no. We're not going anywhere. You guys aren't going anywhere."

I must have looked like a completely hysteric woman.
But it's understandable right?

Amelia grabbed her ice-cream, and opened the window.
"I'll see you at school. Hopefully you'll have calmed down by then. Callum..."
Callum stood up and followed her, they jumped out of the window, I heard her swear as she didn't land properly on her feet and closed the window behind them.

I had messed up, but she didn't even understand.

This night. I cried myself to sleep.
--------------------

{A/N} short update for today! I might add some more later on :p continue to show so much love for this book ahahaha and please please please check out my book "Lost in Taiwan" I really want it to be read and appreciated, because it's a different style than this one.

Anyway, love you all!! Thanks for everything.
xoxo