I'm a black belt in taekwondo.

Chapter 4: I'm a black belt in taekwondo.

The look on Tatum Marcus' face was priceless. Honestly, he was apparently very shocked by the orders of his emperor and did not want at all to cooperate. However, you can't really say no to the emperor; especially if your life is on the line.

So Tatum bowed in respect, grabbed the cord that was still holding my two hands and walked off, as the rest of the crowd bowed as we walked past them.

I'd say that Tatum was rather pissed off, judging by the pace at which he was walking. What might be a normal pace of walking/patrolling for him was a light jog, for me and having my hands tied together whilst being dragged wasn't exactly how I had most of my morning jogs.

Anyway, we past all the corridors again and walked up many different stairs. After ten or fifteen minutes of intense walking I was officially lost in the Emperor's palace.

I also quickly learned that observing without speaking was the best way to get information. People thought I was dumb or didn't speak a lot of their language so they wouldn't bother me. I had therefore learned that the roman soldier Tatum Marcus wasn't just a normal soldier. He was apparently high up in the ranks considering that his apartment was very big.

"Let's be very clear. I do not want you here or anywhere in this...place. So you'll obey my every orders and stay quiet. I do not need to be bothered with a woman like you." said Tatum angrily as he grabbed his sword and pulled it to about the height of my head.

Oh god. I was going to die now.

My eyes were fixed on the blade, as if I could hold it up as long as my eyes stared at it. But apparently that wasn't how it worked because the blade quickly fell down. I closed my eyes, too scared to face my death as it would be but the sizzling sound of the blame cutting the thin air and the sound of something falling on the ground made me open one eye.

Well, I was apparently alive. And Tatum Marcus had just cut the knot he had made to keep the cord secure around my hands. I rubbed my wrists as red marks had appeared where the cord had been. It burned a bit, but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

I took a look around where we were currently staying. It was a huge suite, with white walls, white statues and red and gold long curtains. The different doors were made in wood as well as the many objects. Everything seemed to had been made from a different time. It seemed unrealistic , a bit like a movie.

A soft knock was made on the main door and the gentle face of the woman I had met before appeared.

"Come in. Just prepare a bath for the hostage as well as new clothes. We just can't let her wonder around the palace with these...things." Tatum said as he put his sword down and took off his red cloak. He moved toward the left part of the suite, leaving me alone with the woman.

She gestured to me to follow her and we entered inside another room, big but not as much as the precedent. This time, there was a huge square in the middle of the room and I immediately knew it was the bath. Different mirrors had been deposited here and there.

Once the bath had been prepared and the servant had came back with clothes, I let myself sink in this ancient bubble bath and chill for a while.

.......

At one point, I did had to get out of this bath to get prepared for whatever they had decided I'd do.

The clothes that the servant had put on the side of the room were in fact a long Greek or Roman dress. It was made in a thin, cream-colored material that surprisingly fitted me perfectly. There were also shoes and a laurel crown that had been deposited and I put those on too.