Break the rules

Andromeda's POV:

In the following days of my fight with Amelia, school was obviously the last place I wanted to go to.

We were obviously sharing classes and our lockers were close, so it meant that I would have to face her at some point.

On the first day of school after our fight, I found her at her locker. She was searching for something. When her eyes landed on me, she stared, violently slammed her locker door shut and walked off.

I didn't see her at all on the second day.

So now, I was completely sure that Amelia was ignoring me. She hadn't replied to any of my calls and messages. I had even stopped at her house and asked her parents to tell her to call me.

Same thing applies for Callum. Although I did see him around school, he tried his best not to run into me.

There was also no point in trying to text both of them. I had spent evenings thinking on whether I should just go up to them and apologize.
But in my opinion, I hadn't done anything wrong...

"Why aren't you eating?" Questioned my step-mother during dinner.
Similarly to the last few days, I wasn't feeling very well and didn't want to eat that much.
Although it hasn't seem to bother anyone, my step-mother had apparently picked up on it.

"Did something happen with that friend on yours?"

"I don't really feel like talking about it." I said.

"Well it's up to you. I'm just worried. You haven't complained about being grounded and I don't hear about Amelia recently. Did you have a fight?"

I sighed, took a mouthful of mashed potatoes and spoke: "She was insisting on doing something I didn't want to do. So I went against her and she went mad"

"Well honey, that's not your fault." She said as she picked up her plate and put it in the sink. My dad was working late again and it was only the two of us having dinner. "So much drama for nothing."

I helped her clean the dinning table an was about to go on the couch when she called me out.

"Want to help me out with my research?" She said "since you aren't doing anything, it could help you think of something else."

I shrugged and followed her to her study, where she had kept thousands of files open and spread everywhere.

"Pass me the red book over there" she instructed and I obeyed.

"See..." She started "I'm still working on that stupid project but I've gotten close to something."

She pointed at a photo that had been stuck in her red notebook. It seemed to be something dusty, covered in sand and mud. There was a circular golden part that stood out.

"I think I've seen this somewhere...." I murmured to myself but I was loud enough for my step-mother to hear me.

She laughed and playfully hit my shoulder.
"I highly doubt so. That's the original photo of an Egyptian necklace."

"I swear I saw it somewhere thought" I repeated, thinking of where I could have seen it. Not in a history book from school...

"That's the first evidence that we found a few months ago in the desert. We believe it was owned by one of the Royal family members. I've contacted a few of my colleagues and they've checked their archives. We came to the conclusion that..."

Oh my god. I knew who this necklace belonged to.

"Eopei" we said at the same time.

Carefully, my step-mother took off her glasses and looked at me.