Cursed

Cassie's mom walked through the front door and put the present behind her back. She paused and listened, 'Cassie must still be sleeping' she thought. She has just gone out and gotten Cassie a present for her early birthday present, it was a cute little doll. The doll had silky brown hair and soft features, it had its little hand in a position like a peace sign. She walked up the main stairs and into Cassie's room, slowly she set the doll on her bedside table.

About an hour later Cassie woke up and stretched, she looked at the clock on her bedside table and saw the little doll sitting there. She smiled and picked it up it was beautiful. She walked downstairs with the doll and ran to her mom, jumping up and hugging her.
"Thank you mom." She said and smiled.
Her mom smiled back and kissed her on her head. Cassie walked back upstairs and set the doll on her bed, then ran outside to play.

That night Cassie had forgotten about the doll, and did not notice that it wasn't where she had left it. Cassie climbed in bed and pulled the covers up over her self, soon she drifted off to sleep.

That night Cassie woke to a strange sound, she sat up and listened. There it was again, the thump. She listened harder and realized it was something on the stairs. Cassie covered her head with the blanket and says still, the sound went on, thump, thump, thump. Then the sound ceased and in its place a new sound was repeated, soft foot steps going into her room. The sounds stopped and Cassie peaked through her covers and what she saw made her scream.

Cassie's mom came running, but when she reached Cassie's room she wasn't there. Just the doll sat on her bed, but something had changed. Now instead of the doll holding up her fingers in a peace sign, she was now holding up three.