A quick sneak Peak

So I have been thinking of starting a new book, but I'm gonna post the first chapter on here to see what you guys think, I don't have a name for it yet, but maybe you guys can give me ideas❤

“Why did they leave the house?” I said curiously, following Jackson to the next room.

“Something happened with their daughter, they said she disappeared and wasn’t found, they decided it would be better to leave the house behind to get rid of the memories of her.” I let out a sigh and looked around the room.

“Guess that meant leaving all the stuff to.” I mumbled, giving Jackson a curious look. I looked around the small space, it was covered in a thick layer of dust, no one had been in here except for us in the last 20 years. This must have been their daughter's room, it was decorated with pink furniture that looked aged and moth eaten. The walls were covered with unicorn posters and in the corner was a puppet show stage that had small marionette dolls strung all over the place, I shivered and mumbled “Creepy.” under my breath in just barely over a whisper. Lying in another corner of the room was another pile of dolls, all looking worn and broken with age, but those dolls were porcelain, some were missing eyes and other legs. I peeled my eyes off them and followed the him into the next room, “Their neighbors said they left in a real hurry, just took off soon after the search for their daughter stopped.” I nodded staring at the new room we stood in, it also wore a blanket of dust, but no dolls or unicorns were in sight.

“Many people believed they did it.” I looked at him, my eyes searching his to see if he was pulling my leg.

“Did what?” I said raising an eyebrow. He looked at me uncertain and shook his head, smiling a tiny bit,

“You know what, never mind I don’t want to scare you out of this house, you need to buy it.” He said walking over and putting his hands on my shoulders, giving me a little shake. I rolled my eyes and brushed his hands off me, I rubbed my nose from all the dust and looking down at the floor.

    Jackson had been house hunting with me for a couple weeks now, soon after college had ended I wanted to settle down for a while, my career wasn’t gonna get huge if I went off to the city to work. I asked him to come help me by finding houses in the middle of nowhere that were old and creepy, to help me write my books. The house was perfect, landed way under my budget and sat in the middle of literally nowhere. There were no houses in a 10 mile range and it was shaded by big old pine trees that covered the valley.

    I looked around the room a little longer and cringed at the sight of a dead rat lying on the dust covered bed.

“Question is, will i even be able to sleep here.” I said looking at him, he laughed and roughled up my hair, “Look, you are gonna be a horror writer, you gotta get used to this environment.” He said grinning, I shoved him away and stuck my tongue out at him. I looked at him more serious now and asked him again, “What did you mean they did it.” He sighed and rolled his eyes, “It’s just a rumor really, it was that they killed her and hid her somewhere in the walls.” My eyes grew wide and he laughed, “Sophie don’t get so scared, it isn’t real, calm down.” I nodded slowly, he was right it wasn’t real, I needed to stop getting so worked up over nothing. We walked down the stairs that led to the 2n floor again, we had already explored these rooms and I didn’t want to explore them again until we came back and moved out all the stuff that was still here. I walked out the front door that led down to the large deck, and locked the door behind me. My red Ford sat out front in the gravel driveway and as I got in the passenger seat i glanced back at the house one more time, and I swear, looking out of one of the windows in the house, I thought I saw someone looking back at me.