A First Date

La Muerte waited patiently for Xibalba, sitting quietly on a gravestone as she gazed at the moon above. After many long conversations together the death god had finally worked up the courage to ask her out for a date. Though a lot of stuttering and mumbling he'd managed to ask and with a faint smile she'd agreed. November first, eleven o'clock. When she'd first met Xibalba she didn't know exactly what to think about him, his sticky, tar skin, large raven wings, deep blackish blue armor with skulls everywhere and two red skull pupils with a large neon green grin. Being one to start most things she'd inquired about his name. He'd told her with arrogance that he was Xibalba, lord of the forgotten souls. When she'd commented on how adorable a name Xibalba was he'd begun to fluster at how he was a strong god and his name wasn't adorable. That's when she'd decided she liked Xibalba, no matter how arrogant or sly he could be. And then they'd managed to strike up a conversation upon that warm summer evening. Then she would meet him randomly at different places, it was almost like he knew exactly where she was. But they'd never gone past talking, never had things gotten romántico. Until now. Suddenly she heard a voice beside her ear,

"Hello La Muerte." She jolted, spinning with a hand ready to smack any attacker when she realized it was Xibalba, making her sigh in relief and glare at him.

"Xibalba! Don't sneak up on me!" She scolded, making an amused smile curl on his lips.

"Why? Scared?" He teased. She merely smirked.

"Not of you Xibalba." He chuckled but then he looked her over, finding something was different. He smiled faintly, still examining her,

"You're lovely this evening La Muerte, more than usual." La Muerte blushed faintly at the comment; she had dressed up, wearing a beautiful red gown with a marigold tucked on her chest, raven hair tied back and, for the evening, a large red sombrero topped with fruits and flowers of all sorts.

"Thank you Xibalba." She replied, finding he was still staring at her. Not entirely himself he mumbled,

"The hat is wonderful; you should wear it all the time." La Muerte tilted her head, the hat shifting but not falling off.

"Hm?" The death god suddenly shook his head, suddenly embarrassed.

"Uh, um, what would you like to do tonight?" He inquired quickly. She raised an eyebrow,

"You didn't plan anything at all?" He looked panicked, glancing around himself wildly.

"I was supposed to?" He cried. La Muerte smiled kindly, beginning to giggle. He blushed profusely and covered himself with a wing, as if to hide his embarrassment. She shook her head, looking up at the moon.

"Don't fret Xibalba; this is after all, a first for the both of us." Then her eyes lit up, golden orbs glowing beneath blue lids. She gave him a sly smile, making him slightly uncomfortable. What was running though her head? The goddess played with her hair as she spoke, "Well since you don't have anything planned, why don't we play a game?" A small smile curled on his lips.

"What are the rules my dear?" He inquired sweetly. La Muerte twisted a lock of ebony hair between her fingers.

"A game of hide and seek. You're after me and if you catch and tag me, you will earn..." Her smile turned into a grin. "A kiss." His wings puffed and he felt his jaw go slack. A kiss? In all their time together he'd never thought she'd ever kiss him. Even though he tried multiple times to sneak a peek in the book of life about her the ink had been unreadable to him since he was reading about another immortal. But now, now he had a chance. His teeth grew sharper and he narrowed his eyes.

"Are you sure you want to do this La Muerte? I am a rather fierce predator." He purred. She waved a hand, giving a teasing smile.

"Well we will just see about that. The territory you are searching is the entire graveyard. Ready? Go!" With that she disappeared in a flowery shower of marigolds and he grinned, deciding to follow her trail. Disappearing after her a stream of tar followed a trail of flower petals. She reappeared behind a gravestone, holding back a giggle as she heard him rustling about behind her. However, when he pounced upon the gravestone he found her gone. Listening to the sound of giggling he tried again, pouncing upon another gravestone to find...no La Muerte. The goddess looked around her, grinning wildly, this was so much fun! Why hadn't they done this before? His hand swiped behind another tombstone only to find air, making him growl softly.

"La Muerte my dear you can't hide forever! I will find you!" He vowed aloud, earning a reply from the one especially large tomb.

"Oh really? What about you're amazing predator skills? What happened to that hm?" She teased, making him chuckle. Oh she was in for it now. Opening his wings he surged upwards, using his ruby eyes to search the entire graveyard for the goddess. And he found her hiding near the largest tomb, her large hat easy to spot. Giving a smirk he dove, catching a giddy La Muerte off guard since she'd expected an attack from the front or back, but definitely not above. He snatched her hat and she shrieked as he landed on top of her, forcing the two of them to the ground. Xibalba grinned evilly.

"I win." La Muerte rolled her eyes.

"Wings are such an unfair advantage." He helped her to her feet, handing her hat back to her. As she dusted herself off her suddenly felt guilty for nearly tackling her. However she certainly didn't look upset. Playfully she placed her hat on her head before leaning close to him, her lips only an inch from his. "Here's your prize." She whispered before planting a warm kiss on his lips. Xibalba didn't know the definition of heat until she kissed him; her rosy lips were hot as if on fire. It nearly burned his own cold lips but he was too weak to resist. He tasted sugar and flowers,finding he really liked such a flavor. La Muerte opened one eye as they kissed finding him nearly melting against her, his wings wide and proud. And she felt fireworks go off, literally. The candles on her hat exploded upwards and she couldn't help but enjoy the kiss quite a lot. He was hesitant but sweet about it, no real flavor to his mouth. The urge to throw her arms around his neck nearly overpowered her but instead she took his hands, finding he squeezed them playfully. When they finally broke the kiss La Muerte noticed something new burning in his eyes, affection. The dearest affection any being, man or god,could offer. Love. And he found the same thing burning in her eyes. La Muerte knew deep down as she held his hands in the late moonlight, that this was to be the first of many dates between the both of them.