Chapter Seven

This chapter is inspired by the beginning of Tomb Raider (video game) where they go to the find Yamatai in the middle of the Dragon's Triangle. Enjoy! Also azurill30 helped me with come up with this chapter.

______________________________________________________________________________________

    Serana P.O.V

     I was hanging upside down, something that looked like seaweed held me above a giant gaping hole by my ankle. Lyra said to find a way out, but how do you find a way out if you could possibly die? Well, that's what any normal person would think, except I am far from normal. I have a knack for staying alive in the worst situations. First observe the problem. I am in a random ass cave, in the middle of no where, hanging upside down by seaweed, above a giant cavernous hole, that was probably a fifteen foot drop. I look around, desperate for a way to escape this prison. The walls are completely flat and are a dull brown. Okay, there has to be a way down. I will not die like this. Wow, I say that a lot. Maybe...... I begin to swing my momentum back and forth. My hands reach the wall. I push off with my hands, the sea weed begins to tear slowly out of the ceiling of the cave. The blood flows to my head, a pulsing head ache begins to form. The blood pulses through my ears as I repeat the pattern. Left, right, repeat. The chant plays through my head until that last little root tears through the earth. I go flying down the hole, a petrified scream runs through my body like a race. I land harshly on my back, a painful weight on my chest. Except the worst pain comes from the sharply pointed object that had pierced every layer, slid through my ribcage, and straight through so I could see it coming through my abdomen. It felt like fire was burning me. I touched the wound only to scream in pain, my back arching up off the ground.

  Serana sit up.

My survival instinct in my brain commands. I do as it tells me, my head felt like a thousand pound weight.

Now pull out the thorn.

I shook my head in protest. No way in bloody hell would I pull out the needle.

Pull it out, NOW.

  I wince, but reach for the thorn. I pull it upward and I feel it tear through the skin in my back. I grit my teeth, and pull more forcefully. The thorn coming out in a fast painful trip. My breath comes in gasps, as I grab at my sides. The darkness rims my vision. I reach for my bag, Ninetales appears, concern lacing her amber eyes.

 "Ninetales..... I need you to find a way out..... and soon......."

   Every word takes effort. I use the wall as a support to stand up. I begin to walk, protectively covering my side. I walked after Ninetales as we walk through the never ending cavern. We had to take several rest stops because of my current condition. Then we came to a fork in the road. There was a road that led to the outdoors, and then another that led deeper into the cave. I walk to the first road.

Serana, come to us child....

I freeze and here it from the other trail. Shadows begin to appear and I race to the end of the other road. I keep running until I felt safe again. I return Ninetales to her pokeball. A wave of exhaustion passes over me. There was no where else to sleep. I lay on the ground, exhaustion winning over logic and fall asleep in the tundra.

  Silver's POV

  We decided on splitting up, apparently the other three idiot friends of Seranas followed wanting to help. Lyra would stay in Pallet town, Blue would head to Cinnabar Island, and the other three would search around Kanto and Johto. What a troublesome girl was all I could think, After flying around in the air like a crazy person with Honchcrow, I found a river. It was never there before........ I fly down to it and see a reflection of Serana. I lean forward, when the water rises up and swallows me into it. I panick, when suddenly it's all over and I am outside a cavern. It said Mount Silver. Kinda ironic considering my name is Silver and I am on Mount Silver. As I look around, I remember that Red is here. Maybe if I am lucky Serana and him ran into eachother, or she went falling down the mountain because she is a danger magnet. I walk around the biom, there was a blizzard, and I was obviously very high up. Then I saw something, it had a brown tint to it, and it was buried in the snow. Under the snow the blizzard brought in, was Serana. Idiot, everyone knows that sleeping in the cold could end up killing you. First I call Blue and Lyra to make sure they knew where I was and where I found her. I promised to meet them in Pallet Town. I took off my jacket and wrapped Serena in it. Then, I picked her up and carried her bridal style. I walk to a cave that was in front of me, seeing if I can find an exit. Serana was surprisingly light. Then, I felt Serana stir in my arms.

   Serana's POV

   I slowly open my eyes, the ice on my eyelids peeling apart and guess what was the first thing I saw. Silver eyes and red hair.

  "H-hey! Why are you carrying me!?'

 "I will gladly let you go if you want."

Silver responded coldy, I nod my head yes and he just drops me. Literally, just dropped me. Great, more pain for my ribs.

"You were getting heavy anways."

  Silver walks off. I blush.

  "Hey! Wait for me!"

******

    I don't know how long we had been walking through that cave, but I really didn't like it. I kept hearing talking echoing the walls. I had returned Silver's jacket, so now I was freezing. I walked behind Silver when he stops and I run into him.

"We have to stop here and sleep for the night."

  I stare at him in astonishment.

 "Do you want to die!? Or do you want me to die?"

"No and maybe."

I scowl.

"Fine, ass face. We can stay here for the night, but if I die I will be coming back to haunt you."

"I would love to see you try."

He lays on the ground and closes his eyes. I stick my tongue out at him and lay down. The cut was terrible and was killing me. It wasn't bleeding too heavily anymore after I covered it, but I am definitely going to have to check it out. My tee shirt and shorts didn't provide much protection from the cold. I laid there the voices surrounding me. I felt so scared and helpless.

Come here little girl. We have been waiting for you.

   I scoot over until I am laying literally next to Silver and then it all stops. I couldn't hear the voices, but I was still tense. The only thing I could hear was Silver's breathing and mine. The heat radiated off his body, warming my chilled bones. Then my eyelids began to droop the fear slowly leaving, replaced with peace. Before I knew it, I fell asleep and I felt something covering me.

 Silver's POV

  I felt her next to me. This was weird. Weird in a good way, maybe? I unzip my jacket and spread it across both of us, not wanting either of us to freeze to death. Then, I close my eyes and fall asleep.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please comment!