Fun and Games

Looking in the mirror, Kristie brushed her hair back and pulled it into a high ponytail. She was so tired, having stayed up late the night before. Yawning, she stretched her body and continued with her makeup.

A man stood behind her, a huge bloody grin painted onto his white powdered face. She screamed. Staring into the mirror with wide eyes, she watched as the man slowly walked towards her outstretching his arms. It was as if her feet were glued to the ground.

His arms wrapped around her. "Why so serious?" he whispered into her ear. Her breath hitched.

He laughed, easing his grip around her.

"Jordon!" she screamed, swatting his shoulder, "That wasn't funny!"

"How did you get in here anyways? I'm pretty sure I locked the room door." Instead of answering, he just smirked and walked away.

She sighed in relief. "Always scaring me," she mumbled.

Moments later, Kristie headed downstairs to find Jordon sitting on the couch.

"Seriously, you need to stop doing that!"

"Doing what?" he asked.

"Scaring me!"

"Oh," he laughed, "what fun would that be then?! The closet one was pretty good, I can't lie!"

"Yeah, ya..." she mumbled, "That was a nice costume, by the way. I see you're prepared for Halloween early this time around."

"What costume? I was down here the whole time..."