Twelve - Caramel Apples

It was few weeks after Violetta's party and Angie went out to the Studio. Germán saw her leave and got very suspicious after he saw his daughter leaving shortly afterward.
He was mulling around in the kitchen waiting for Olga to return from the supermarket to make him a cup of coffee when a thought struck his mind.
If I want to know where she is going, then I will! She'll thank me for it one day! My fatherly suspicion is only because I want my daughter safe and happy.
His thought was that well thought out that he didn't even put on his coat. He just ran. He didn't even know where he was going. This plan would be a master success..
Stealth mode! Suddenly, 'Smoke On the Water' immediately came into Germán's head. Imagine the intro of that song with the electric guitar and a man in his forties, thirties or so, trying to follow his daughter around with a face full of fright sowed on and you've got the exact picture.
Mission Impossible. Duh! Duh!
No, just no, Germán.
The black polish on his shoes made him slip and he crashed head first into a tree. It hurt but...
Is that Angie? Yes it is Angie! If I can't follow Vilu then I'll follow her!
She was walking to the Studio along her usual route. Today though she had the odd feeling that she was being watched.
As she heard her heels clicking, she saw the vivacious colour of balloons. Red, yellow, blue, pink... They were so vibrant and fun. They reminded her of Vilu.
Suddenly she remembered that there was a park within a few strides of here and a candy vendor across the street.
Elegantly she walked and she came to the candy vendor.
"What would you like today?" The man who served her chirped. Angie pondered. It always took her an age to decide in things like this. Like her sister she had a sweet tooth which was simply undeniable. She could never choose between caramel and chocolate or fudge and ice cream.
She saw a ribbon tied on the little stick of the candy apple and she thought of Maria. "One candy apple please." He smiled.
"Certainly miss."
"Thank you." She smiled back. She had roughly five to ten minutes to eat this before running into the Studio to teach a class.
There she was. He had some time to stall on his mission. What could he do to make not look like he was following her.
Aha!
Out of the blue she heard footsteps behind her and immediately she turned. "Germán! What brings you here?" They shared a common look.
"Caramel... Apple. Like you!" Well that makes you sound dumb.
"Oh! Would you like one? Another Apple please." The man was glad as he immediately presented the candy apple with her change.
"Good day."
They came to a bench and they both sat down.
The time flew as they talked about life, ambitions and Germán telling Angie about Maria..