Chapter 9

Kaci's POV

It's been two weeks since we rescued Ezra and he has made progress, but he hasn't woken up yet. I walked in and he was lying there still unconscious. I sat in my usual spot, and leaned over and gave him the usual kiss on the forehead.

Only this time his eyes popped open faster than I could pull away. He sat up and ripped the oxygen mask off of his face. I looked at him. "Ezra? Can you hear me?

He nodded.

"Can you see me?"

He nodded again.

"Do you know who I am?"

He looked up at me, "Of course I do. I know you top to bottom, left to right."

"Oh my gosh Ezra you're back!"

I leaned over and hugged him. He pushed me away looking at my hair, "What did you do? I loved it when it was long."

"I'm sorry it was getting in my way."

"It looks good. I bet Hera was ready to beat you."

"She doesn't know. I wanted you to be the first to know, but Kanan found out first. You are the only person I willingly told."

"It's the thought that counts."

Ezra's POV

After Kaci left everyone was coming in and out to ask if I needed anything. My answer was always no. The only one who hadn't come was the one I was dreading the most. Sabine.

The door opened and she entered. I turned my head away from her. She sat on the stool, "Hey, you need anything?"

I didn't look at her. She put her hand on my shoulder, "Are you okay?"

I shook her hand off, "Don't touch me, don't talk to me, nothing! Okay?"

She put her hands up in mock surrender, "Hey, woah. What did I do to you?"

"I may have nearly died, and I may have a severe concussion that almost made me lose my memory, but I still remember the reason I left. I left to protect Kaci, because you told her to go. I knew she would leave to keep us safe because you told her to." I shook my head, "I don't want to talk to you. Please leave."

She stood and stormed out of the room. I stood and headed to my cabin. When I arrived Kaci was sitting on the bottom bunk.

Kaci's POV

Ezra walked in, and I looked up we made eye contact for almost a second and I looked away. He came and sat next to me. I stood up, and he grabbed my arm, "Hey, Kaci, you are acting a little strange. Almost like you're afraid of me."

"I'm not afraid of you," He stood up next to me. "I don't want to be hurt anymore, and I don't want to hurt you."

"I wouldn't be hurt any worse than if you left me. You don't have to be afraid of me."

"I'm not afraid of you! Plus fear doesn't shut you down, it wakes you up! If you want to see fear I'll show you fear!"

I slammed my hands into his chest shoving him back on the bunk. I sat on his lap, wrapped my legs around his waist, and put my hands on his jawline. Then I kissed him, I kissed him so hard that he had to lean against the wall next to the bunk to keep his balance.

We pulled apart, he wasn't looking me in the eyes. He was looking at my lips, "So you are afraid of me," We both laughed. Then he spoke again, "Be afraid. You need fear to have courage."